iPod cable into glovebox

philameena

Thinking of adding an iPod connection into the glovebox.

I've never had a CD changer, so the glovebox has that box thing fitted on the left side. Is this easy to get out?

Will it be a doddle wiring the ipod through the back of the glovebox? I won't have to remove any dash will I ??

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Thinking of adding an iPod connection into the glovebox.

I've never had a CD changer, so the glovebox has that box thing fitted on the left side. Is this easy to get out?

Will it be a doddle wiring the ipod through the back of the glovebox? I won't have to remove any dash will I ??

There should be two screw hidden behind the fasia frame in the glove box CD hole... pull that off, undo the two torx screws and remove the box tray...
to run the cable your need to pull the radio out then thread the cable thou the back of the glovebox, using your other arm to pull it out the otherside using tray hole....

Bit awkward but do-able, just watch the skin on your arms, the plastic will try and take its pound worth....:lol:

Nov 28, 2006
Exactly the way I did it was well. I used a 15mm drill bit (supposed to be for wood but worked just fine on plastic). If you drill the hole as high as possible you can't see it.

SeatMatt

That's similar to what I did, but mine's got the CD changer. I just removed the radio and changer, pulled it through the back (like has been said, a bit fiddly and strips the top layer of skin from your arm) and then filed a little half-circle for the wire to come out through the side of the trim into the glove box (so that everything could be replaced as it was). Looks very smart and works a treat!

Just make sure you get a silicone or leather case for your iPod, otherwise it's constant annoying buzzing from the dash. Also remove the plug protector thats fitted to many of these kits, you'll never use it and that buzzes too.

Matt

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members