1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Progressive Parts Rolling Road Day - 17th November 2019 - find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

iPod Cable with Combined USB Aux Option

Discussion in 'Mk5 Ibiza Guides (6J) 2008-2017' started by Beenz, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Beenz

Beenz Active Member

There have been many posts to do with the iPod cable options so I've added this to help.

This post is for information only and highlights a tested option but does not provide recommendation.

For those cars with the factory fit combined USB and Aux (CUP) option installed there is an optional cable to provide song/album/playlist iPod control from the head unit and steering controls. The head unit provdes the display and is used to navigate the artist/album/playlist etc whilst the steering control will provide track skip/back and volume. The Seat cable is around the £80 mark. However a BMW cable part number 61120440812 will also provide this functionality at about half this price from BMW dealers or cheaper if you search.

This BMW cable has been tested OK for function in a 2011 version SC car and will charge the following units:

• iPod Classic 80G
    • iPhone 3GS
    • iPod Nano 6th gen touch screen model

* All the above have the same 30 pin dock connector.

2. sly200sx

Can this USB etc be fitter to a car without?
    Apologies it this is covered elsewhere, i did look in the FAQ

3. nightflight

nightflight Active Member

It can, but when Techie looked into it, it was prohibitively expensive to do.

4. alex13p

alex13p ∫℮ª↑ ©ч‽Яд

Details of how this can be done please

5. How do you get an iPod touch to work?!? It is doing my head in!! I have the cable, it goes through the process of "syncing" but then tells me there is a error?? Any help please? Thanks in advance!

6. Pin Money

Pin Money Guest

Good tip, thanks blud. :D

7. andrewbabz

andrewbabz Active Member

8. Beenz

Beenz Active Member

Not sure, I know Apple changed some things when they released the iPhone/iPod Touch and as such a lot of docks would not charge the phone (iPod Classic is still OK) but they would still play music. When I got the BMW one from the dealer he said mine was an updated version (but could not specify what had changed) and would charge the current iPod/Phone range.

9. andrewbabz

andrewbabz Active Member

hmm. i don't have the phone, only got an iPod nano (4th gen i think) not really too bothered about the charging, altho it is a plus. It does say for ipods after 2004, which mine is but who knows! Might give it a go, can always resell. For 20quid its a bargain to the Seat one!

10. AdrianD

AdrianD Active Member

Just got my leads from Seat, it comes with cradle that holds the Ipod in place in the little bin behind the cup holders (2010 Cupra) connected first time, 5th gen 30gb Ipod. Headunit display show track title etc I personally think it is worth the money, but hey thats just me.

11. tony323ci

tony323ci Lovin' it

did you buy this and did it work also looking at getting it for mine too

bought one any way only £20 can always stick it back on fleabay if it doesn't work :)

#11 tony323ci, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  12. yaue10

When a song comes on, does it start a second or 2 into the song...meaning you dont hear the very start of a song..if you get me? lol

13. AdrianD

AdrianD Active Member

All works fine able to select all folders artist- playlist- album etc no issues at all:)

14. andrewbabz

andrewbabz Active Member

I didn't get that one in the end, a one with the part number that we know works came up on eBay. worked out about a fiver more but still. i dont think there will be much issue really!

mine does that. doesn't do it all the time though, think it just depends how much ID3 info it has to load and that

15. yaue10

Hmmm interesting...might have to play about with the settings

16. tony323ci

tony323ci Lovin' it

17. 306Chris

306Chris Active Member

18. tony323ci

tony323ci Lovin' it

yes found that out only goes back to the beginning of the one your playing other than that all good :)

19. 306Chris

306Chris Active Member

Mine (with iphone 4) just selects a random song when you press back, then it seems to loose all the media until you disconnect/reconnect?

With 3GS it just goes back to the start of the song being played

20. tony323ci

tony323ci Lovin' it

I have the Ipod classic and works fine just goes back to the beginning of the current song everthing else spot on easy to search for tracks albums etc also shows current track in the MFD on the dashboard really pleased with it

Told the dealer when I was in there today what a rip off the Seat one was and he said he'll tell anyone who buys a new car to buy the one from BMW :)