iPod connection / Full link

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
Hi Guys

Newbie to Seat, picked up the new Leon today

Couple of questions
My car is fitted with a Tech pack
My iPod wont connect and the media system says it unrecognized
The manual however says it should work. Any ideas ?

Also Full link is disabled is this something that the dealer should have enabled ?

Many Thanks in advance
Dulux72

Last edited:

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
In a word no
Wasn't told it was an option

Should the system still see the ipod though when plugged into the usb?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
No, you'll have to run it via Bluetooth

I don't think that is entirely true. You do not need full link to plug in an iPod.

As long as you have the right cable, the media thingymabob should recognise it and play music, you just won't be able to access Apple CarPlay (via iPhone).

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
I've now tried various different generations of ipod and nothing is recognized

Think its going to have to be a call to the dealer :(

Thanks for the replies
I'll let you know how I got on

Last edited:

Madefeld

Jun 19, 2012
Anyone sorted this out? I can get a USB Stick to work fine but not my iphone (other than on bluetooth). Is there a specific SEAT lead I need... I am using a genuine Apple lightning lead.

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
Yes, plugging apple lead into USB doesn't work. On my 2013 car, I have a lead that has an apple 30 pin connector, then I have 30 pin to lightning genuine apple connector to connect to the phone.

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
On MY2016 cars the 30pin lead and socket have been removed
I was told by the dealer that the USB was the replacement

I've emailed SEAT customer services to try to get to the bottom of this.
The manual says that it should work so I cant be the only one thats having issues

Last edited:

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
Just had a call from SEAT Customer services

There is a known issue with MY2016 cars and iPod connectivity using the front USB
They believe its caused by the introduction of the new media system and Full link
Technical are currently working on it and they will call me again when they have a solution.
They are aware of 2 other cars in the UK with the same issue as of today and they believe that as more MY2016 cars are delivered they will see more of this issue

They said there's no point contacting the dealer as they will just contact SEAT tech anyway

I'll let you know when I've had an update

Last edited:

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
Just had SEAT customer service on the phone again and they have said that SEAT PRODUCT had agreed that there is an issue with connectivity between iPods and the new my2016 media system. This affects approx 1000 new Leon's and Alhambras
The guy at seat customer service who has been assigned this is called Olivier and he will call me again when they have a solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve14

Aug 17, 2015
Sunderland
seems i'm affected by the issue. it doesn't recognise my ipod or iphone via usb.

i don't like having all of the cables on show anyway- looks untidy. they didn't give me the ipod cable in the glovebox so i've ordered a small 64gb usb flash drive and i'm in the process of creating a new monster playlist for it while i wait for delivery. in the mean time i'll just blue tooth music from my phone.

unkl77

Apr 5, 2015
I saw my Cupra in the flesh on Friday and was happy to see its a MY15 because of this iPod issue. There is no 30 pin socket at all so all media goes through USB or Bluetooth. Dealer did not know of any issue with MY16 when I mentioned it.

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
Update from SEAT Customer service

Apple chip upgrade has been developed and is expected in the UK by the end of this week
They have said after testing they will contact me for my dealer to retro fit the chip and then my iPod will be recognised

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
Dealer did not know of any issue with MY16 when I mentioned it.

Im sorry to say that he may well have been playing dumb as both my dealer and SEAT Customer service know about this.

unkl77

Apr 5, 2015
Im sorry to say that he may well have been playing dumb as both my dealer and SEAT Customer service know about this.

Ha, yep the joys of the Stealers.........

Glad Seat seem to be on with a fix.

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
Well it turns out that SEAT customer service werent exactly telling the truth.:(

Had another call today and been told that a fix could be months away.
So for the time being there is no solution

Better break out that 32gb SD card

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
My iPod classic and iPod touch 3rd generation work perfectly with my media system which is MY16.

Android Auto/mirror Link and my LG G3 is a different matter though!