iPod connection / Full link

Madefeld

Jun 19, 2012
Just booked my car in for the full link upgrade at the cost of £199. Dealer wants the master tech to do it as it will be the first one they've done. All day job !!! Apparently it isn't just a software upgrade as it requires a new wiring loop and a widget!
All set for the 26th November.....

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
As promised

Ive just had another call from SEAT customer service.
Been told that a solution is under test at Milton Keynes and should be rolled out via the dealers towards the end of this year and this affects all VAG vehicles fitted with the same media system

Was advised to keep in contact with the dealer and should be informed when solution available.

Joe2641 - If I was you I'd still call SEAT customer service and log the fault. The more that they log the quicker they may sort ;)

Hi dulux72 - just wondered if you have had any updates on this issue? Just got my MY16 FR and (as expected from reading your posts) I have the same issue where cannot connect Apple products via the USB. Not a major issue as Bluetooth and SD card, etc. work well, but would prefer the functionality of iPod for playlists, etc.

Any additional info gratefully received.

Thanks

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
I picked up my Cupra from new last Friday. It has Full Link but if I want to just use the iPod using the Media Function it is not recognised. It is very annoying because I usually use Waze for everywhere that I go (to avoid traffic in London) and the CarPlay is a bit of a pain in the backside as overtime you open music or anything else it switches it on the phone as well and kicks you out of Waze so I would rather use the Seat interface rather than the CarPlay one.

Any updates on this would be appreciated. Car is going in to dealer on Friday at the SatNav doesn't work at all since being collected so I will ask them about it then.

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
I just tried an old 3rd Gen iPod Nano and it worked perfectly tried again with the phone and the Seat unit just doesn't see any USB device connected but CarPlay kicks in.

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
nf2029 - You have more functionallity than I do so at least thats some progress

I'm currently away in the US on business but will chase SEAT when I get home.
I've not heard anything further from the dealer but did receive this email yesterday.

Let us entertain you! And inform you. And keep you connected. For just £199 fully fitted, our very latest infotainment software upgrade makes sure you get the most from your smartphone in the car. With eyes on the road and hands on the wheel, you can easily and safely access both Android and Apple.

Compatible with practically every smartphone on the market, the upgrade will give you the best experience when you're in the driving seat. Have your text messages and social media updates read out to you. And from maps to apps, Facetime to Facebook, you'll never miss a thing.

Last edited:

gingerquiff

Nov 17, 2015
I have this problem as well. iPod classic not recognised and manual says it should be. Have asked my dealer to log the fault as well. Has anyone established if the full link cures the problem.

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
I have this problem as well. iPod classic not recognised and manual says it should be. Have asked my dealer to log the fault as well. Has anyone established if the full link cures the problem.

As you say, for those of us without Full Link the manual clearly indicates that iPod is compatible - but isn't. I will be interested to see if what dulux72 was told by SCS is proven to be correct - i.e. there is a fix coming. Unfortunately I am slightly cynical and get the feeling that paying £199 for the Full Link upgrade will be the 'fix'........but I might be wrong.

shaunw

Apr 13, 2007
HANTS
Pardon my ignorance, but how does having full link help with USB / IPod connectivity?

I picked up my MY 2016 FR with Tech pack last weekend and I have the 'Device Not Recognised problem with mine too :(

I was planning on telling my dealer about the issue during the 'courtesy call' I was supposed to be getting last Tuesday, still waiting for that..........................

Shaun

Last edited:

emesee

Aug 6, 2015
Pardon my ignorance, but how does having full link help with USB / IPod connectivity?

I picked up my MY 2016 FR with Tech pack last weekend and I have the 'Device Not Recognised problem with mine too :(

I was planning on telling my dealer about the issue during the 'courtesy call' I was supposed to be getting last Tuesday, still waiting for that..........................

Shaun

I believe from the various posts earlier in this thread that those that have Full Link have no problems connecting Apple devices via the USB. I think I will also have to raise this with my dealer (also awaiting that call 2 weeks after promised.....)

Madefeld

Jun 19, 2012
Just picked up my Leon which has had the retrofit full link fitted today. First one the dealer had done.
Works faultlessly with Apple CarPlay.
It's interesting to note that as part of the £199 retrofit price, they replaced the USB connector which in my MY16 car is located in the centre console.

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
madefield.did u have full link upgraded after you had the car.i thought you had to tell them before u ordered car?.cheers.

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
thanx.its ok i currently have mine on order and didnt request it at the time.i was thinking about having it fitted when i have the car.cheers.

dty73

Oct 28, 2015
Full Link is included as standard on 290s, so if you're waiting for an order, you'll probably be fine.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.