iPod connection / Full link

dulux72

Aug 14, 2015
Unfortunately I am slightly cynical and get the feeling that paying £199 for the Full Link upgrade will be the 'fix'........but I might be wrong.

Well emesee looks like you are completely right. Just spoken to SEAT CS and been told that the fix is to upgrade to Full link at (you guessed it) :rofl: the bargain price of £199
For this the dealer will need to replace the front USB socket and the wiring loom between it and the media system then install new software and unlock using an unique code which is supplied with the kit.

I'm now sure whether I'm going to bother :think:

Last edited:

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
Well emesee looks like you are completely right. Just spoken to SEAT CS and been told that the fix is to upgrade to Full link at (you guessed it) :rofl: the bargain price of £199
For this the dealer will need to replace the front USB socket and the wiring loom between it and the media system then install new software and unlock using an unique code which is supplied with the kit.

I'm now sure whether I'm going to bother :think:

I have just picked up a brand new FR today. I have the tech pack but not full link. Tried to use the USB to plug in my classic Ipod only to get the device not supported message! Worked perfectly in my SE via the cable in the glovebox. Do I really have to upgrade to full link to get Ipod functionality ?

liamwalker7

Nov 14, 2016
I've just bought a 2016 Leon 1.4 TSI SE with Tech Pack, but without Full Link and, you guessed it, I have the exact same issue where no iPod will connect via the USB port as the USB Device is not recognised. I was wondering if anyone asked Seat to upgrade them to Full Link for free as part of the Warranty as this surely is a technical fault? I'm still awaiting a reply from Seat but thought I'd ask the question!

isalopek

Aug 25, 2016
You have to bought full link document and newnusb connector....price about cca 300 pounds

liamwalker7

Nov 14, 2016
You have to bought full link document and newnusb connector....price about cca 300 pounds

I understand this seems to be Seat's resolution but should Full Link not be then installed under Warranty for those cars where this is an issue? I'm loathed to have to pay the £199 fee when this is a fault with the system. At the very least the iPod compatibility without Full Link needs updating saying this bug exists or doesn't work without Full Link.

isalopek

Aug 25, 2016
Eell...i dont think so..butt if you succsed tell us, so we cen buy ipad, it is cheaper than full link :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise