ipod connection help !!

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
ive had a quick search but not really found much !!

im wanting to connect my Iphone to my radio so i can listen to the music on it. ive tried using the standard usb cable but it doesnt work !! ive read in the manual that i might need a special connector from Seat. is this true ??

also, ive read on here that there is an ipod dock under the drivers seat, is this also true ?? if so, where is it ??

cheers !! :D

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
ive had a quick search but not really found much !!

im wanting to connect my Iphone to my radio so i can listen to the music on it. ive tried using the standard usb cable but it doesnt work !! ive read in the manual that i might need a special connector from Seat. is this true ??

also, ive read on here that there is an ipod dock under the drivers seat, is this also true ?? if so, where is it ??

cheers !! :D

Did you order your car with the iPod dock? Its under the passenger seat and the last I heard I don't think the iPhone worked on it.
Also I am sure that the USB port works on USB sticks alone but hopefully someone can confirm this.
Alex

Last edited:

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
cheers for all the info guys !! think im going to save my £60 and just use my USB pendrive/memory stick thing !! it works very well actually !! i really like how it lists all the albums then all the track names !! im loving it !!

abit off topic, but ive connected my phone to the car and i cant beleive how simple and easy it was to do!! ive never had a in-car hands free thing before and im finding the one in my Cupra fantastic to use!! :D

cheers again guys !!

MILLSMAN

Has anyone got a PDF manual for the the RNS310, pickup the new car in a few weeks, but want to check what types of sd card are compatible, tried searching but can only find the rns510

Goders

Sorry mate I don't have a pdf version, but it supports upto 32GB SDHC. I'm currently running a 16GB Kingston SDHC for both SatNav & MP3's with pleanty of room left. Hope that helps.

chrisp123

Has anyone got a PDF manual for the the RNS310, pickup the new car in a few weeks, but want to check what types of sd card are compatible, tried searching but can only find the rns510

RNS310 will take upto 32gb SDHC card i've tried a 16 and have just swapped it for a 32gb and works fine (class 4 and class 6)

i would say to make sure you get a black one as the blue one looks odd in the dash! ;)

Chris

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Does anyone know how to stop it playing random tunes once you have it connected and decide you want to move it onto the next track?

Ie you press the button to move on and it doesn't go to the next track but finds a random track to play.

chrisp123

I think you have either the Ipod or the radio on shuffle!

how to turn it off depends on which ipod/radio you have

Chris