iPod - Connects2 kit - Plugs in at the boot?

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
I have the connect2 leads which allows me to connect the ipod to the cd change lead, but I obviously want to use the ipod in the front of the car, and not the bloody boot lol.

Has anyone back tracked the cd changer cable, where does it go? Under the carpet, down the passenger side of the car?

Post appreciated folks :)

Cheers

Last edited:

danthevanman

Apr 25, 2009
Bristol
Hi you have to unplug the blue changer lead from the back of the headunit and insert the one which came attached to the connects 2 adpator.

Dan

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
its not connecting it thats the problem, everything works ok. you disconnect the cd changer at the boot and use its connection

I just need to know where the cable runs when it disappears into the carpet by the rear light

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
i think your not understanding the instructions mate, you usually pull the blue cable out the back of the headunit, place the new input from your ipod connector in its place, then clip the cd changer lead into the loop that is provided, therefore when your ipod isnt in it will read the cd changer instead :)

splitpin

Nov 22, 2009
It does replace the CD changer as far as the head unit is concerned.

But the ipod lead plugs into the back of the headunit where you unplug the multichanger lead.

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
hmmm, the lead i have is a female one and the headunit ones are male? lol i'll have another look again tomorrow as would be alot easier than tearing all the carpet out the way.

Sound quality is excellent though compared to an FM transmitter thing I tryed!

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
45 CB, i have an ipod xcarlink and this is how mine works. which is how i was trying to explain earlier, hopefully something in these pictures will help you??

the wires behind
DSC00079.jpg

plugging the cable and and attaching the cd player to the loop through:-
DSC00080.jpg

Finished (i put the cable through the back of the cubby hole behind the gear stick for neatness :)
DSC00081.jpg

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Tryed seperating them with no luck! none of the plugs on the stereo end fit the wiring so looks like its going to be rip apart the car and trace back the cable time :( pain in the ass and going to do it again if I sell up to get the cd changer working again :(

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
hmm there is this: Link
Thats expensive, or this may also fit... Linkkk

Would give u decent quality music but you'd not be able to control ipod with headunit.. easy :)

Edit....
2nd link: for 7.50 or whatever it was - you cant really go wrong.. still connects right to the headunit (unlike a tape) - you'll get same sound quality I'd expect, and little distortion!!

And...

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcc...er/pid/7341658

that kit would work fine I believe :)

Last edited:

cupraR59

Oct 4, 2009
grimsby
rolo king that is amazeing for £ 7.50 thanx ordering one now how you find that ?:funk:
and 45 cb i would recomend you buy the one in the link above and flog yours on save you alot of time and hassle mate .

Last edited:

NorcyUK

i bought the same cd changer adapter and it does just replace the cd changer in the boot. i followed the cable from the boot down the passenger side and managed to get it relocated into the centre console under the stereo.
the cable for the cd changer goes behind the passenger side rear quarter card, then down the passenger side by the footwell and in behind the glovebox

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.