IPOD dock conection failure

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Has anybody else had their ipod dock pack up ?

All was well until I removed the ipod to take it off shuffle, reconected in the dock & now it wont play....

Nothing at all, even tried her ipod in it & still nothing..

I cant even play cd's as it pulls up an error [:@]

Gizzer

Apr 24, 2008
Hampshire
[:@] [:@] My car is only five weeks old. I was driving home last night and the iPod dock was absolutely fine. I didn't even take the iPod out overnight.

This morning I try it and it's stopped working [:@]. The iPod itself is absolutely fine.

I cant even play cd's as it pulls up an error

Unlike yours, it still plays CD's ok though....

It would almost seem that no power is getting to the iPod because from memory I think that inserting the iPod wakes it from sleep, so taking it back out again straight away should mean that the screen is still on, but my screen isn't.

I wonder if it's just a loose connection (not that I have any idea how to check that!)

BillyWhizz

BillyLeonCupra08
Nov 21, 2005
Newbury
mine has done the same. Its stopped working and it went dead over night.

Managed to get it to work once by resetting the iPod and then moving off, but I think it was only the car moving that shocked it back into working.

I think it must be a loose connector or something....

Can anyone tell me what the dealer did to resolve the issue???

Thanks
Will

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
By the way iPods are very funny in the cold.

If you leave it in the car overnight on nights like we've been having recently it is too cold for the iPod to function and takes a while before its in a usable state in the morning.

If the head unit won't play CD's as well as the iPod that suggests an issue with the head unit intself rather than the iPod adaptor.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
By the way iPods are very funny in the cold.

If you leave it in the car overnight on nights like we've been having recently it is too cold for the iPod to function and takes a while before its in a usable state in the morning.

If the head unit won't play CD's as well as the iPod that suggests an issue with the head unit intself rather than the iPod adaptor.

I have had that problem recently too. Thought it was my HU playing up.
Alex

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.