Ipod Dock under seat

luggs

Hi all,

I picked my 56 plater FR TDI 170 up on wednesday night and noticed it had the adapter to fit an ipod under the seat.

If i get an ipod and fit it in wud it play? or so u have to activate it or what?

i tried my work colleagues last night and its plugged in but nothing happened. wondering if there is a way to turn it on or sumthing.

Help appreciated.

Thx Peter

luggs

It was the latest iPod nano. The colour 1 tall n slimline. Does it take a few seconds to turn on when u press cd/aux?

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Should only take a few seconds to warm up.

I do know that the latest iPod Nano doesn't include firewire so some older accessories don't work. The Mrs has one and one of my chargers doesn't.

Does anyone have an older version iPod you could try?

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Ignore my last comment about the version of iPod.

Just checked and a gen 4 Nano works in the TT and it is a very similar iPod connector to the Leon, so in theory should work okay.

luggs

well ive just bought a ipod nano 3rd gen off my mate for £60... bargain.

only thing is the little plastic thing it slots in is to small so i have to take that plastic thing out which makes it a bitof a ball ache to plug it in without getting on your knees lol.

its the wider that normal nano lol but it works :) just adding songs as we speak.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
well ive just bought a ipod nano 3rd gen off my mate for £60... bargain.

only thing is the little plastic thing it slots in is to small so i have to take that plastic thing out which makes it a bitof a ball ache to plug it in without getting on your knees lol.

its the wider that normal nano lol but it works :) just adding songs as we speak.

Did you not get a set of adaptors with it for different size iPods?

luggs

There was one black adaptor which fit the long skinny iPod nano but not the 1 I have. Where could I get 1. Or does any one have one for sale here?

Peter

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
There was one black adaptor which fit the long skinny iPod nano but not the 1 I have. Where could I get 1. Or does any one have one for sale here?

Peter

It should come with about 6 different adaptors. Maybe try the main dealer.

You would need the ones specifically for the SEAT, I have the same option in my TT for factory build but the adaptors are different to my Leon.

Industrial2008

Ive got 08 reg Seat Leon Stylance with sport pack, I have looked under the drivers seat I can't see anything apart from carpet. Does this mean I don't have this conncetion ?

Any one got any pictures ?

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Ive got 08 reg Seat Leon Stylance with sport pack, I have looked under the drivers seat I can't see anything apart from carpet. Does this mean I don't have this conncetion ?

Any one got any pictures ?

Probably not. Do you have an AUX socket?

Is there a compartment under the passenger seat?

Industrial2008

I've got an AUX socknet next to the handbrake.

I,ve got a compartment under the passanger seat, is it in there or behind it? I just keep CDs in it.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I've got an AUX socknet next to the handbrake.

I,ve got a compartment under the passanger seat, is it in there or behind it? I just keep CDs in it.

If you have the AUX then you don't have the factory fit iPod sorry.

The iPod connector deletes the AUX socket on the Leon.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.