iPod set-up for 2005 Toledo

Robert Barnes

Jul 5, 2003
UK North
Visit site
Happy New Year everyone!

It's time I set up my Ipod properly for in-car use. I've done the FM frequency link with moderate success, and as I've now bought an iPod Classic with 80Gb space, it ought to have a good home in the car.

I see Dension do a kit (and at the risk of asking the same question as others previously), has anyone done this successfully and should it be fitted professionally (me not techie-minded)? There's no specific radio/CD number in the handbook - it's just standard issue on a late 05 Toledo Tdi Sport. The car's great - no probs, 42-49 mpg depending where I am and how I'm feeling, and 40k has now been and gone without hiccups.

Best advice please,

Rob

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Happy New Year everyone!

It's time I set up my Ipod properly for in-car use. I've done the FM frequency link with moderate success, and as I've now bought an iPod Classic with 80Gb space, it ought to have a good home in the car.

I see Dension do a kit (and at the risk of asking the same question as others previously), has anyone done this successfully and should it be fitted professionally (me not techie-minded)? There's no specific radio/CD number in the handbook - it's just standard issue on a late 05 Toledo Tdi Sport. The car's great - no probs, 42-49 mpg depending where I am and how I'm feeling, and 40k has now been and gone without hiccups.

Best advice please,

Rob

Hi Rob,
I fitted the Harmon Kardon "Drive and Play" iPod kit to my Toledo.
This is by far the best iPod control add on - the Dension is OK, but has limited control of iPod - with HK device, you have a display and control knob which mimics iPod "clik wheel" and the iPod can be put out of site - mine lives under drivers seat. Just don't use the FM modulator function of HK kit, esp. if you live or drive in a bi city! - I use the direct in connection, with a Connects2 adaptor to the CD changer port, (I didn't order the CD changer as I intended to install iPod instead!), so to play my iPod, I select CD changer.
If you want more info search for "Harmon Kardon Drive and Play" - the kit is around £100 now (was £150) and the Connects2 adaptor around £30.
I fitted the "clik wheel" control on the centre console in place of the cigar lighter socket and display on dash, to left of instrument binnacle.
Let me know if you want further info or pictures of my install.

Added: Quick search brought up this retailer with kit at £49.99!!
http://www.planetgizmo.co.uk/produc...cat=0&page=1&gclid=CMSgusfN-pACFQxKQgodIiS41g

Cheers,
John.

Last edited:

Robert Barnes

Jul 5, 2003
UK North
Visit site
Thanks for your detailed reply and great advice, John - much appreciated.
I don't have the CD changer option on my Toledo (unless any connections are hidden behind the Radio/CD fascia) so I don't know if this will hamper me.

If you could send some photos, that would be great. Not knowing whether you can do this as a reply to this topic, my personal email is [email protected]

Best wishes,

Rob

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
Thanks for your detailed reply and great advice, John - much appreciated.
I don't have the CD changer option on my Toledo (unless any connections are hidden behind the Radio/CD fascia) so I don't know if this will hamper me.

If you could send some photos, that would be great. Not knowing whether you can do this as a reply to this topic, my personal email is [email protected]

Best wishes,

Rob

I have the denison ICE link in my car and it works a treat, easy to install as well. There are 4 connections to hold the exisitng unit in place, fidiley to unclip but simple enough. I am not sure how you can tell if it has the auto change connection though. I have the MP3 headunit in mine.

See mine little write up here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120202

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members