iPod touch and iPod adapter

rrpalma

Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
Hello, does anyone know if the original, under the seat adapter that is an option for the Leon will work with the new iPod touch?

ghosty

Jun 14, 2007
essex
errr...no one has got hold of an ipod touch and they dont start shipping till the 28th i think. probably a bit too early to say for sure but as far as im aware apple havent changed the connector at the bottom so that is the same as the previous generations. so i guess it will depend more on where the connector is placed on the unit and the dinensions of the new unit.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Don't really know. The iPod Touch is too new and like the previous post said they don't start shipping them to later on in the month.
As long as they haven't changed the connectors and so on, I think it should work fine on the Leon iPod connector.
Alex

rrpalma

Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
The connector is the same. The physical dimensions are slightly different, plus I think the Operating System has also changed. So perhaps the unit can not be controlled from the steering wheel?

crashbash

The touch is too long to fit under the seat factory fitted option. However, it does actaully work from the steering wheel controls. volume + next/prev track. Issue is youd need to mod it to fit snugly and not bounce around which may cause damage to the connector. Ill go for a classic instead.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members