Is a Remap/DTUK worth it on my DSG CR 170 FR?

dennis10

Jan 30, 2018
As in the title, I've been weighing up which to get over the last few months - don't really want to get too much into the argument of the DTUK tuning box vs a Revo or otherwise remap.

My real question is is it actually worth it given that my car is a DSG model and from what I understand the gearbox is torque limited to 350nm? (a limit which it is already at in the factory state)

I know the DSG gearbox can take alot more than that, but does this basically mean if I want to actually use what a box/remap will give me, I also need to fork out for an expensive DSG remap too?

Seems a bit unfair :scary:

Deleted member 103408

Not my model so cant give you a definite answer but its odd the site shows the engine going from 404 to 431 but the gearbox is still limited to 350.

I would suggest emailing revo (even if you don't go with them they should help you with your question) email [email protected] they have always come back on my questions very quickly. They dont work weekends or bank holiday from memory

However that aside the gearbox does give you a lot of other real benefits (and lots of people now do DSG Maps

Sports Mode
  • Up/Down shift mapping has been Improved
  • Upshift limit has been rasied to 4800rpm
  • Designed for performance
  • Improved Shift times
  • Gear Shift Indicator (gear display is turned on - if applicable)
Launch Control*
  • Launch Control enabled**
  • Launch set at 3200rpm for FWD vehilces
  • Launch set at 4000rpm for 4WD vehilces
  • Upshift points in launch control mode have been raised to 4600rpm helping optimize the full potential of the engine
* Not availabe on all vehicles. **Only enabled if already an installed option from factory
Drive Mode
  • Smoother gear changes
  • Improved response
  • Maximum shift point increase
  • Gear changes based on load and throttle position rather than set points
Manual Mode
  • Automatic shift is disabled
  • Kick-down disabled
  • Full control to driver
  • Full potential of your vehicles performance
Features
  • Increased torque limit - Although it does not show that on the site.
  • All limits within safety tolerances
  • Enhances drive-ability
  • Allows full protenial of Revo performance software

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.