Is anybody using these?

ToleDan

Apex 35mm Lowering Springs & Shocks Suspension?
im looking to purchase these as my original coilover plan has worried me due to the sump on the tdi and the bouncey ride im hearing about?
i dont want to be spending silly money on them either and these shocks/springs seem a good price over blistein ones
its purely for looks and driveability

imikk3

Aug 8, 2011
Mitcham, Surrey
Hi ToleDan

Have you changed your suspension to the Apex one? Im about to do some upgrades on my Toledo but the low sump worries me too. I was thinking to lower it only with 30mm and dont want to use coilovers.

Cheers

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
I've got mine pretty low on coilovers touch wood in 2-3 years never scrapped anything but occasional subframe on big humps

That's jom coilovers

I'd go coilovers every time because your ride height is optional then go as heigh or low within reason
Also remember your original suspension has aged and dropped over the years so 30 mm won't be much lower if any than where it is now in my opinion

imikk3

Aug 8, 2011
Mitcham, Surrey
Thanks spudboy6
How do you find the ride comfort with these? I`ve read comments they are much stiffer than a shock&spring combo. Its a really good option that you can adjust the height,but don't want to lose the comfort too much. Have you changed the front and rear top mounts too with the coilovers? Thanks
Your car is spot on btw ;)

Last edited:

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Yea it's pretty hard but not uncomfortable for me , and yea I have powerflex Polly top mounts fitted

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members