1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Is atmo tuning a thing of the past?

Discussion in 'Normally Aspirated Forum' started by RobT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. RobT

RobT Full throttle trip

Just looking at activity on the atmo section......and it has to be said its a bit thin these days.

Could it be that atmo tuning is a thing of the past?

In today's society, people want bigger gains for less outlay....and thus turbo tuning is the only way forward?

2. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

I'd say so... even flicking back to my clio forum that I used hardly anyone does 'headwork' or cams.... someone developed a nice inlet manifold using jenvey trumpets - but as a fitted kit it was about 200% the price of the base Clio for 'just' 20bhp or so.

3. sssstew

sssstew Editing your spelling

yeah agreed. the bang per buck jsut seems to make it not viable really. Unless its real entusiast cars like classic minis, then people are always will to do work on them in na form.

4. Seatmann

Seatmann Rough around the edges

Yeh bloody expensive these days to do much with a na car, easier to shove in a bigger engine or get a turbo'd one. Some like the Mk2 1.8 16v gti engine is a good motor with good power and can take a chip and that and it does make a difference but still pricey compared to a 1.8t with a remap.:)