Is it just me

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Because they more than likely use sponges and no form of pre-wash so all they do is drag dirt and grit over the surface of the paint which is where the dreaded swirls come from.

State of mines down to one of them plastic drying blade things, roof is a mess!

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
told them today i wasn't willing to pick it up in the dark so he said he would go in an hour early to work tuesday morning for me to pick it up but then will hav to deal with all the damp from the night :\

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Just got mine back after a day with Paul from deluxe detailing. I didn't think it was possible to make something look that good lol!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
State of mines down to one of them plastic drying blade things, roof is a mess!

Yep, another awful method of cleaning the car, leaves the dirt/grit nowhere to go and just scratches the paint, this is why if you care about your paintwork then it's good to try and take as many steps as you can to try and avoid even touching the paint, the more you touch it the more chance there is of getting all those horrible small scratches and grazes we all hate so much.

You only get so much clearcoat/lacquer so you want to try your best to avoid getting the swirls in the first place instead of trying to fix it afterwards.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
told them today i wasn't willing to pick it up in the dark so he said he would go in an hour early to work tuesday morning for me to pick it up but then will hav to deal with all the damp from the night :\

Pick it up on your terms, f@@k dealers is my motto going forward, dont give a **** about them as they dont about you

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Thats why i invested in grit guards two buckets and wash mits after my last car was detailed

I don't think you can ever do too much to try and avoid swirls, certainly lessen the chances of getting them by doing a decent pre-wash, two bucket like you mentioned and using decent equipment and not be too aggressive.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
I don't think you can ever do too much to try and avoid swirls, certainly lessen the chances of getting them by doing a decent pre-wash, two bucket like you mentioned and using decent equipment and not be too aggressive.

Agreed, snow foam lance was good investment, together with endless supply of mf towels

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
Pick it up on your terms, f@@k dealers is my motto going forward, dont give a **** about them as they dont about you

i know what you mean mate but he was quite adamant that he did not want to had it over sunday :/ so don't know what els to say to them tbh :\

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members