is it worth removing the n249?

flooky

ive searched well enough to understand what this valve does and how to remove it...

I dont have any problems with how the car is running and is std but will it be worth taking the valve off and doing without it?

flooky

Read my 1st post again

Last edited by a moderator:

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
Yer I do... we did notice a difference when we removed ours.

And I'll deffo be doing it on my new one, when I get my 007p fitted.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
tbh its for you to decide if its worth it,

for every two people that say they felt a difference theres one that says they didn't

theres nothing very special about it tbh, having a tidy engine top is probably the reason the majority do it. but it looks tat if your not gonna paint or clean the area anyway

supposedly if you suffer premature opening of the dv then it helps, but iv never noticed that problem on mine so when i did the bypass, i didnt feel owt so put it back together

Last edited:

flooky

thats what ive been reading about.. some people say no unless ur remapped and others say yes! i'll give it ago with bypassing it and see what i think as summit like this will get both reactions of peoples thoughts i think.

flooky

tbh its for you to decide if its worth it,

for every two people that say they felt a difference theres one that says they didn't

theres nothing very special about it tbh, having a tidy engine top is probably the reason the majority do it. but it looks tat if your not gonna paint or clean the area anyway

Yeah thats what I thought, i'll give it ago anyways and see.. Cheers

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
flooky... it don't matter what you do... you'll always get mixed comments, cause it's other peoples views & opinions... you just gotta look at.. is it going to brake my car if I do it.... :lol:

If you do do it... let us know what you think

flooky

lol true, but then if it's not broken why fix it right lol... i will do

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.