Is the DAB aerial built into the HRW?

pubsinger

Jan 18, 2007
The missus drives our FR 1.4TSI and the DAB reception is flawless. I've recently had to replace the aerial on my car, roof mount jobbie, owing to water ingress. It's a Blaupunkt shark fin/mast combined thing.

It's an expensive bit of kit, about £100 but the reception is excellent. Got me wondering where the DAB aerial is on the Leon. I assume it's built into the heated rear window and hooks up to some sort of splitter/amplifer for the separate AM/FM and DAB feeds.

Either that or it's a single feed to the head unit and all the wizzardry goes on inside.

Anyone know?

All the best

Pub

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
yes, its in the rear window. The car reports having two amps. (Or at least it showed two separate amp missing faults after having the boot lid off).

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
There are two antennas as part of the rear window element. According to the workshop manual, antenna 1 is AM/FM1 whilst antenna 2 is FM2/DAB. Antenna amp 1 is in the rear boot lid top left, antenna amp 2 is in the rear lid top right. The frequency filters are separate, not integrated into the amps, and are in roughly the same locations.

GPS antenna is in the dash underneath the centre speaker grill.

Cheers,

Andy

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise