Is the PD 130 Engine a good motor?

knackerdecobre

As he said the FR has a slightly shorter ratio 'box in it, some even have the same engines! (some later ones were slightly different to come under stricter EU emission regs). But when you are tuning one, the Sport box is better ;)

Edit; also for mapping, Revo dealers tend not to be able to do really custom maps more of tweaked basic maps, so going to a tuner like RS Tuning, JabbaSport, AMD or Awesome is your best bet

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
also recommend P-Torque...lot of FR and sport owners use them for stage 1...

as already mentioned the Sport and Fr use same engine but different gear ratios and also has a lot more bells and whistles...like bigger alloys, different bumpers..etc...the FR also has a facelift and a pre-facelift with the facelift version having 17's, different bumpers and few more other bits..

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
whats wrong with the FR logos on the seats? matches the steering wheel and gear knob? Adds to the sporty look in my opinion.

I would say the pd130 engine is agreat little engine and provides a lot of punch and is easily tuneable. Wouldnt say the quality is much lower than that of VW....

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
whats wrong with the FR logos on the seats? matches the steering wheel and gear knob? Adds to the sporty look in my opinion.

I would say the pd130 engine is agreat little engine and provides a lot of punch and is easily tuneable. Wouldnt say the quality is much lower than that of VW....

I'm not a keen fan of that sort of look. All abit too racer for me. I like the smart executive look with hidden wonders under the bonnet. [B)]

Seriously my Ibiza isn't the best. The rear centre cup holder comes loose & falls on the floor. The Trim plastic is brittle (Maybe due to age & the cold weather). The Glovebox doesn't align/shut properly. The Air vents don't seem to fit the dash very well. I.e. gaps/non-snug fit.

I just believe VW have that slight edge or maybe I've just got a lemon?

badbill_uk

Ibiza FR 1.9tdi Hybrid
Aug 23, 2007
Gloucestershire
i have the facelift FR 2007 and built quality is great had no problems with trim what so ever, love the FR logos. I think VW's are great cars but not very sporty looking. i guess its personal choice. Love the pd130 engine mine is kicking out 230bhp 351lbs torque.

Jun 24, 2007
durham
I'm not a keen fan of that sort of look. All abit too racer for me. I like the smart executive look with hidden wonders under the bonnet. [B)]

Seriously my Ibiza isn't the best. The rear centre cup holder comes loose & falls on the floor. The Trim plastic is brittle (Maybe due to age & the cold weather). The Glovebox doesn't align/shut properly. The Air vents don't seem to fit the dash very well. I.e. gaps/non-snug fit.

I just believe VW have that slight edge or maybe I've just got a lemon?

Dont buy an ibiza then . the last thing a ibiza is ever going to be is smart executive look no matter what model you get . What you would be getting is a sleeper,

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK
they are a good engine,

i have got the pd100 engine just the bottom end that is slightly different i think

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
Dont buy an ibiza then . the last thing a ibiza is ever going to be is smart executive look no matter what model you get . What you would be getting is a sleeper,

I just wish VW offered an engine similar in performance with the Golf as the 1.9TDI is only 110 BHP :/ The PD130 seems a great engine!

Possibility of fitting a PD130 into a Golf MK5 maybe? :D

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK
I just wish VW offered an engine similar in performance with the Golf as the 1.9TDI is only 110 BHP :/ The PD130 seems a great engine!

Possibility of fitting a PD130 into a Golf MK5 maybe? :D

dont golf mk5 come in 105 , 140 and 170 bhp ?

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
The issue is the Insurance groups.

A PD130 is insurance group 6-8 (Sport or FR).

Where as the 2.0 Golf (140 BHP) 14-16 Insurance group :cry:

The 1.9 TDI Golf is Group 6.

All I will say is that The Ibiza seems More bang for your Buck (Power & Lower Insurance).

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East

All I will say is that The Ibiza seems More bang for your Buck (Power & Lower Insurance).

think you answered your own question there pal :lol:

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK

my pd 100 mk4 golf is insurance group 8

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK
I think its smacking me in the face! haha.

Or shall i be daring & fit a PD130 into a MK5 1.9TDI :D

Thats a MK4 not a MK5 (110BHP). All I will say is that the source which i got the Info from was Parkers, Which is normally a reliable source.

yeah , the newer mk5 golf is lower insurance group than the old one.

knackerdecobre

AFAIK, RS Tuning have got the best real world figures (ie, 0-60, 1/4mile, etc Not RR figures)