Is this supposed to be like this?

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
It’s the overflow for the fuel tank I bet. I don’t think it should be hanging that far down, I can check mine later.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd doubt that very much, any tank venting gets passed up to the engine and admitted into the incoming air via the EVAP solenoid. What that could be is the water drain from the fuelling enclosure, if you look in there you will see a drain point at the lowest part of that.

Reactions: purplepur

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Just wondering, does anyone actually fill their Leon's to the absolute brim? I'm due to pick mine up on Monday, first ever SEAT, but had a Nissan juke for 3 years since new and always filled that up to the brim, to the point I could see it when closing the fuel cap (diesel) never had any problems, has anyone ever had problems filling theirs up to the brim?

Cristian CH

Mar 19, 2018
The fuel tanks are designed to have a bit of air on top. If you fill up to the brim and you drive home and park in the sun, the fuel expands and you loose it though the overflow. You can also rock your car back and forth and it will fit more fuel, but the price payed in safety its not worth it in my opinion.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
The fuel tanks are designed to have a bit of air on top. If you fill up to the brim and you drive home and park in the sun, the fuel expands and you loose it though the overflow. You can also rock your car back and forth and it will fit more fuel, but the price payed in safety its not worth it in my opinion.

From new, I did do 49800 miles in exactly 3 years, but I might change my habits in the leon.

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
Could it be for rainwater? I notice that when you push the bodywork inwards to open the fuel cap there is a small hole that water trickles into. Could it be that?

Reactions: IrnBru
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.