ISO Connector for Parrot System

FR Tim

Just been to halfords and bought myself an ISO connector, it plugs into the harness coming from the car no problem, it also plugs into the stereo fine and I can use the stereo. My issue is that I am running a parrot hands free off the plugs the ISO provides and I'm getting nothing.

Either the ISO sold is incorrect or I'm a muppet (no comments) :cartman:

I decided to rule out a duff unit by plugging it into the Celica, everything came up fine and dandy, even worked through the crap head unit ;)

So can anyone suggest what the hell is going on here? Can anyone get me a link to a site that does ISO's that definately work with the parrot system?

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
You need to swap a couple of wires over. There's something funny about VW head unit wiring (I'm just about to get into a Parrot install myself) so I'm aware that there's some modification on some iso connectors.

Have a look here for a detailed install thread (in a VW, but same issue I think).

FR Tim

You are a star sir..... I will start project "hack and fit" tomorrow, if I get it right with the ISO I got from halfords then I will post up exactly what to do. What has annoyed me the most was ripping the dash out of the celica, fitting the damn thing and had it working in about 10 minutes, why the flaming Altea is such a pain to do stuff on I will never know.

Ah well, at least there is buckets of room out the back of the stereo to put all the wiring :)

FR Tim

The Parrot is the L3200 colour Plus, I will mount the unit near the right hand side of the stereo for now but started thinking about mounting it properly in something (like the BMW on the thread you provided).

Don't know the cost because Mrs Santa got it for me (but I believe it was under £100 delivered)

The lead from Halfords was £19.99, apparently they don't keep stock usually so may be worth ordering one online, or maybe it was just sales patter..... :)

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Yep, thinking about the 3200 myself. I've sourced an ISO lead supplier online for £10 delivered, so no need to bother the dopes at Halfords. ;)

That BMW install is the mutts nutts, innit.

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
Fitted the same kit in mine and got the same results.

All sorted now though after a couple of hours with a volt meter and lots of wire!

If you are still stuck i would be willing to explain....
In short, because the Altea uses "data" to power up the head unit rather than "Switched Live" like most of the new VW range does, it means they have not put a switched live on their ISO plugs for the head units.

The Parrot unit relies on the switch live to know that the car is turned on, and therefor power up the Hands Free System.

I had to source one form the fuse box, fuse it up and place it in the correct plug on the Altea ISO plug.

Hope that explains it, if you need any more details, just let me know!

Thanks

Chris

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
Ok, just followed the link above and it looks like someone has already explained what i have just said.

The other thing is the mute line, took a while to sort that one out.

FR Tim

Yep, thinking about the 3200 myself. I've sourced an ISO lead supplier online for £10 delivered, so no need to bother the dopes at Halfords. ;)

That BMW install is the mutts nutts, innit.

Yup, liking the BMW install, that's another weekend job though, Mr Dremmel and me will be busy :happy:

And Chris, thanks for your explanation too, you actually made it easier for me to understand the other thread, cheers ;)

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
That BMW install is really nice, i would like to do that to mine, but i just think there is a lack of places to put things in the Altea!

I hate the fact that the wire comes out of the bottom so once day when i get a moment on the car i might look to change it.

Rallye Dale

Feb 27, 2007
Warrington Cheshire
Had a Parrot 3200 in for a couple of months now

Had a local auto electrician fit it,only charged me £60 inc iso lead,was going to do it myself but for that price couldn't be a***d :D

Been impressed with it so far

Like how you can connect more than one phone and has the phonebook from the phone in use,not like the tomtom

Some pic's,but not the best quality :whistle:

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
i am so tempted to take my unit to bits and move that wire!
Its really annoying, but also, i cant find a decent enough place to get it round the back of the head unit!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.