ISO: Parrot and Brodit Mount pics

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
Thinking of installing a Parrot bluetooth kit in my Leon. Anyone got any pics of where they have mounted the control and the screen?

Alternatively, does anyone have pictures of a brodit iphone mount in action?

Cheers :happy:

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Here you go.

parrot-mount.jpg

parrot-mount-1.jpg

parrot-mount-2.jpg

That give you some idea? :)

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I have been looking at Brodit stuff today and quite like the look of their "proclip" designed to fit onto the A Post without the need for drilling etc.
http://www.brodit.com/?main=productinformation.jsp&anr=604274
I like it because it is tucked out of the way and is near the fuse box if you want to hardwire an "active" device holder onto the mount, it does not cover other controls,
and therefore does not look like an afterthought.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
If I could give you some advice (speaking from experience here).

Don't buy the Parrot kit. I bought 2 last year for the car and the van because everyone raved about them. I've already sold the one out of the van because it's pants, and the car one will be going as soon as I get organised to get a Bury cc9060 kit.

I'm in and out of the van all day, and from turning the ignition on to actually being connected and useable handsfree takes about a minute. So if I have to go to the van to write down job details and go onto handsfree, I have to sit and wait until it sorts itself out. No use at all for me. The Bury kit apparently connects immediately, and costs little more than the Parrot anyway.

Edit: Are you from Morley, near Bishop by any chance?

Last edited:

morleymackam

Jul 14, 2007
If I could give you some advice (speaking from experience here).

Don't buy the Parrot kit. I bought 2 last year for the car and the van because everyone raved about them. I've already sold the one out of the van because it's pants, and the car one will be going as soon as I get organised to get a Bury cc9060 kit.

I'm in and out of the van all day, and from turning the ignition on to actually being connected and useable handsfree takes about a minute. So if I have to go to the van to write down job details and go onto handsfree, I have to sit and wait until it sorts itself out. No use at all for me. The Bury kit apparently connects immediately, and costs little more than the Parrot anyway.

Edit: Are you from Morley, near Bishop by any chance?

Nah. Lived in Morley, Leeds and I'm a Sunderland fan. Now living near Selby, originally from Northallerton and my folks are from West Auckland. :D

I have no experience of the Parrot kits, but my missus has a Bury (wired) handsfree in her Honda and it seems very well built and effective. If their bluetooth version works well, it should be great.

She's just got a new Blackberry to replace her ageing Nokia, so will be changing to bluetooth handsfree shortly. I'll let you know how good it is if they fit another Bury kit.

SlipStream

Jun 1, 2009
I think blu-tac would look better. At least it would not stick out as much. I'm sure I've seen smaller brodit or brodit style clips that are smaller and more discreet.

Chris24747

this is mine, attached using one of the included brackets in the parrott kit. The control boxes are under where the hazard light button is.

it looks better in person.. its good cos its out of the way enough so it doesnt distract you at night etc.

i have never had any problems with my parott, i got my lass to get one and she loves hers. Contrary to another user above mine connects quickly (less time than it takes me to back off my driveway!)

parrot.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise