Isofix

theoldbill

Apr 1, 2018
Morning all!

My step daughter has just taken delivery of a Mk6 2018 Ibiza SE Technology. I was out at work when she collected it and I received an emergency phone call that she was struggling to fit her ISOFIX seat in the back.

The mounting points can be found by sticking your fingers through the holes in the rear seat fabric but when you try to push the ISOFIX seat struts (?) through they seem to grab and pull the material, closing the hole in the process. In the end a good deal of brute force got the seat sitting correctly on the ISOFIX mounts but god only knows what happened to the seat fabric as we did it, hopefully it isn't torn or crushed.

The only way to know fully will be to remove the baby seat again. It's a Joie 360 so it's a heavy and bulky thing to chuck in and out. The Hyundai i10 that she traded in had proper plastic-framed cut-outs for the ISOFIX mounts, as does my A6 and every other car I've paid attention to. I assumed that all cars would be the same.

I'm a bit of a detailer on the quiet and I like things to just work without worrying that the seat will be there crushing the fabric for the next 3 years.

Anyone have any thoughts?

The rest of the car seems great but I've not had chance to go over it with a fine toothed comb yet. That will be reserved for tomorrow!