[Issue] Scraping sound while full-lock reversing?

Southern Fox

Seat Newbie
Jul 2, 2015
Portsmouth & Oxford
Hey all! Got an issue with my Mk4 Ibiza (56 plate) -

When reversing while nearly full-lock or actual full-lock turning, I hear a rattling/scraping sound coming from (what sounds like) the front left wheel. Other than bushings being changed over a year ago, nothing else has been modified there and I don't recall having any rough rides where it could have incurred any damage.

Anyone had anything similar like this before? Any idea what it could be? Sounds like a bit of grinding is going on there somewhere maybe :/

Thanks in advance

Cupra_Bod

Oct 10, 2014
Have you checked the inner arch? it could have come loose and is rubbing on the tyre?

Is the car lowered or standard height? if it is and you have had new tyres recently it could catch?

Southern Fox

Seat Newbie
Jul 2, 2015
Portsmouth & Oxford
Have you checked the inner arch? it could have come loose and is rubbing on the tyre?

Is the car lowered or standard height? if it is and you have had new tyres recently it could catch?

Hey thanks for the reply :) I couldnt see anything when I checked. It is standard height and tyre has not been changed. Which is why I cant seem to figure what it could be :(