issue with revs on neutral

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone came across this issue - Just came back from first MOT and they could hold the revs to do the emission test. I have never discovered this my self but yes, when I push the gas pedal the revs are going slightly up then they fall back, then up again, basically they are all over the place. However i do not have this issue when driving? If anyone has this issue and what it is causing please let me know....thx

1.8TSI manual

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
Just came back from first MOT and they could hold the revs to do the emission test. I have never discovered this my self but yes, when I push the gas pedal the revs are going slightly up then they fall back, then up again, basically they are all over the place.

I think they don't have to be steady, but do have to be within a range. You can read the MoT manual free online if you look.

However, underlying the issue could be a fault - maybe not apparent to you in driving. Consult OBD live data (as well as checking for codes).

Deleted member 103408

Doesn't the cars ECU limit the revs when not in gear?

I've noticed on my car I can't rev over 3k if I'm in neutral.

Yes VW Limit the revs when a non driving gear (DSG Box) and top speed

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
I did a few tests and find out the following. car running ok when idle. when i press the throttle slightly with no gear, it slowly revs up to 4k itself and then fall down to 1k (with throttle in the same position). I gave it a go with the 1st gear in, and now it acts as it should, if i press the throttle hard it revs high, Im able to keep revs stable and under control. This explain how i didnt discover this while normal driving and i do not rev the car when on neutral. still puzzled what it could be. Connected the OBD and live figures goes up even i do not press the pedal any harder....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise