Issues with my wonderful Toledo

seattolsports

OK sorry for the vauge title but I did not know what else to say.

I have a 1997 Volcano Red Toledo 2.0L Sports. Two questions, one problem...

1) Why are there two engine types listed everywhere I go and how can I tell the dif?
2) Are the front mounts meant to be replaced every 6000 miles as thats all I seem to do!

PROBLEM!

My VIN Number does not exsist on the Seat system? I have checked the car with the DVLA and I am 100% its lagite but Seat always tell me my Vin does not exsist as the check digit is wrong? This is also causing a problem with the paint cose. Its meant to be 4 chars is L*** but mine is S3P with nothing else. Again Seat tell me this does not exsist!

Any ideas why? Its not a import as its right hand drive but does have every extra you can imagine except remote locking

Nice post to start my Seat career!

If anyone does know the paint code to Rojo Volcan (Red Volcano) let me know as I intend to do some body work on Saturday to remove some major rust on the NSR door :confused:

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
S3P is Volcano Red. The L is not part of the colour code - in fact I'm not sure what its for, maybe to indicate the type of paint.

What are the two engine codes you're coming up with? It may be something as simple as different setups for manual and automatic gearboxes.

seattolsports

2.0 MPI AGG Straight-4 SOHC 8V 2 L (1984 cc, 121 cu in) 85 kW (116 PS; 114 hp)/5400rpm 166 N·m (122 lb·ft)/2600rpm 1996-1998

2.0 MPI ABF Straight-4 DOHC 16V 2 L (1984 cc, 121 cu in) 110 kW (150 PS; 148 hp)/6000rpm 180 N·m (133 lb·ft)/4800rpm 1995-1998

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
ABF is a twin-cam engine, also found in Golf GTI's. AGG is a single-cam engine, so the heads will look very different.

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
Yours will be the AGG iirc. Unless your car is actually branded as a 16v (with badges on boot, grille, sideskirts). I think all the 'sport' models had the 8v

...unless of course it's had an engine swap at some point!

16v ABF engine will look something like this:
EngineRemoval007.jpg

(except with SEAT branding)

seattolsports

thank you for that. In relation to the paint code ans after conidering thst my csr has 12 years of fade and little if not any laquer left on it I am going to repaint my entire car next weekend in a rover pearlesant red. I will put pictures up when its finished.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.