It ain't condensation this time?

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
yep sure did.

will be on the system as a recall if you give the parts guy your chassie vin number. he will check for you.

dropped it off for half a day for them to check the date stamp on my old ones and then rang me to tell me they were needing to get some in stock mine need replacing FOC

lee

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
57 plate. seat ordering is 24 hours. dropped car off monday and had the coil packs and the other stuff i ordered there tuesday. dropped car off friday for the fit of the packs and picked up my gasket, studs and nuts for turbo. they found the leak on my car at the hpfp ordered that in lunch friday and collected it Saturday lol

thinking of moving there if i go back anymore :D

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Ahh so that's what your leak was then :)

Well hopefully they'll call tomorrow saying they are replacing the coil packs, but the turbo is still making a funny noise, so I'm convinced the DV isn't working?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
No mate, it's not massively loud.

If I were to describe it, it's like when you lift off the throttle, the DV should retract and make a Tsshh noise.
On mine, when a lift to change gear or to slow down, it sounds like the air from the turbo is being sent back down the pipe making a 'howling' noise, almost like someone breathing down a pipe?
Noticed a lot more in Devon as more revs are required for the hills, I'm hoping the DV has simply stopped working but it won't have done the turbo any good :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.