It never rains....

slatord

SlatorD
Aug 2, 2006
witham, essex
Does anyone know how much the 60K service is as i will be needing this in the next few months, and from what ive read i may need to start thinking about saving!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
60k service is usually cambelt, waterpump etc etc.

If I were you I'd make sure all that was done - you don't want it snapping!

Prices vary, depending on where you go, and what you have done.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Got tyres booked in now... £105 each fully fitted for GSD3 (XL) which is pretty good IMO. Especially for a one-man-band tyre and exhaust shop local to me :)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Hythe Tyre and Exhausts. Over Southampton way, in Hythe (surprisingly... lol). I've been going to the same bloke for years to have exhausts fitted (he saw my Celica no less than 6 times to change exhausts!) and my Mrs' had her GSD3's fitted there too and he always does a perfect job.

I wasn't expecting him to be so hot on price, but every time he comes up trumps! All the prices he quotes are fitted prices too, so no nasty surprises later on. The place itself looks like a typical shed-like one man band garage, but the work is spot on :)

Let me know if you want the number :)

Lee M

Hi Mate,

Like said above, you could fit the brakes easy..........they come out with no problems and the discs should come out east too...........this will save a fair bit of labour costs.

Tyres..........I had the same. I slipped two new GSD's on the back and moved the pirelli's to the front (only took me about 8 months to scrub these out ;)). Even if you have a mixed set on for a few months at least it will stager your costs...........(still drives ok)

You should then be looking at Service & DBM £260 + Tyres £230 + Brakes £350
Total £840 worst case........

Should help soften it a little :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Lee, cheers bud, but as already mentioned the price for discs supplied and fitted verses the price for supply only is only a tiny bit more. It's not going to make a difference.

I've PM'd Neil about his discs and if the price is right once shipping is included, that's another option.

Cheers though :D

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Yes I did, thanks. Will be checking them as he is fitting them without any shadow of a doubt! Checked the Mrs' tyres over the weekend and luckily she has the Euro ones and they came from the same place, so fingers crossed these are OK!

tedvagas

Nov 5, 2006
cleveland
sorry to hear about all the parts you need rob ,, its hard to save money when you run one of these bad boys day to day that petrol gauge goes down just looking at it!!:( took me months to save for the cambelt service , :blink:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Tell me about it. Still, these things would need to be done on any car really. Tyres and brakes are consumables, so I'm not annoyed at the car or regretting the purchase at all. It's just annoying when you're not expecting things and it all comes at once!

Eat The Rich

Mar 18, 2007
Preston
www.eattherich.co.uk
Trust me Rob, it's not just you - running a decent car will always bite you in the ass financially every now and then... usually a few things at the same time the tax is due with me :rolleyes:

Ah well, it's all worth it... :D

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Tell me about it. Still, these things would need to be done on any car really. Tyres and brakes are consumables, so I'm not annoyed at the car or regretting the purchase at all. It's just annoying when you're not expecting things and it all comes at once!

Have you stopped moaning now? :rolleyes: :cartman:

SCnscrapyard.jpg

dynamicdes

bind about tyres Rob - some main dealers can actually be cheaper for tyres than independant - I usually shop around a bit and then go back to dealer who seems to manage to match the price. There is a lot to be said for sticking to main dealer servicing. Plenty back up and support if something goes wrong.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.