Items not on new car

jj

Apr 1, 2018
Just got a new 2018 reg. Toledo 999cc Xcellence. Big discount.

Seat deleting items.

Keyless Access none. . Still got keyless start stop.

Storage under driver seat for safety vest none.

Seems a nice quality screwed together car

Happy with car.

JJ.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Welcome.

Keyless entry still included according to SEAT UK website.

Keyless access is a bit finicky at first. I thought mine was duff until I read the instructions.

The under-seat vest storage was not included on my car from last autumn (67 plate) either and it's not in the Toledo accessory catalogue that I have, but then it's not a legal requirement in the UK to wear one when broken down at the side of the road, or to put a red triangle up; everyone in Spain does both from what I saw this year.

However with nearly 9 grand off the pie in the sky RRP, I can make do without the storage - my dayglo vest lives in the boot.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
KESSY (Keyless Entry & Go) is an all-inclusive feature - if you have push-button start you have keyless entry.

jj

Apr 1, 2018
Thank you for your replies.

The saying goes if all else fails read the owners manual.

Read page 114 and after a few attempts got it working.

Ta, JJ.

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
I don't like keyless, it may be convenient but presents a security risk - don't like push button start either for the same reasons

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Me neither. Do you keep the keys in a tin box at home to shield them from gadget wielding robbers in the night?

Last edited:

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
No, not at all, but the car is usually parked across the road in a side turning facing the house ... and the house is set back from the road, and yes, it would be useful to test whether the signal still reaches the car!

I don't use the keyless entry, it never has worked and probably is switched off, something else I should check to be sure.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The OP said his didn't work either. It mostly just the technique of where you touch the handle.

However, once you manually or pushbutton lock it, then it wont Kessy unlock the next time in my experience.

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
I always manually lock the car doors .... they try to open one of them to make sure ... paranoid I know but that's life!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I enabled the central locking bleep with Carista for this exact reason - I set it up to only bleep when the car locks, all other bleep options disabled.

I believe that is why your Kessy wont open the car though.

Last edited:

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
I'd rather of had the winter pack or reversing camera and deleted KISSY ... it's the problem when buying an off the shelf car specced by marketing department with what they think people want ... I only did so because of the price I paid!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I'd rather of had the winter pack or reversing camera and deleted KISSY ... it's the problem when buying an off the shelf car specced by marketing department with what they think people want ... I only did so because of the price I paid!

Yes, that 9k discount certainly persuaded me to go with the spec on offer :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alan Kyp
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.