Itg intake owner query

reesy

May 4, 2007
South Wales
hi

I have the itg ko4 version intake fitted to my car at present, but notice that there doesn't seem to be a good feed of cold air as the heat sheild is now boxed from the original intake area.

Has anyone fitted a cold air feed hose from the fog light area to the filter ?

If so any diy tips photos etc and any brand pipe/hose used.

Secondly when I bought the intake (second hand), it was supplied with two air filters. One the standard one advertised and also one made with race grade foam for track/dyno days, has anyone used this yet and if so with what results ?

Cheers

Reesy

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
I will be putting a cold air feed up from the fog light area soon it should be easy.

I would not even bother with the race filter if you want your turbo intact.

Aaroncupra

Last edited by a moderator:

reesy

May 4, 2007
South Wales
Yeah I have the g60 fitted at the moment but the previous owner, also obtained the race grade filter as well it is unused.

I was just curious wheather anyone else had the same filter, and had given it a run.

Regarding the air feed has anyone looked into the pipercross one advertised on awesome gti, which is £20 ?

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Yeah I have the g60 fitted at the moment but the previous owner, also obtained the race grade filter as well it is unused.

I was just curious wheather anyone else had the same filter, and had given it a run.

Regarding the air feed has anyone looked into the pipercross one advertised on awesome gti, which is £20 ?

Bizzarely YES, I have just looked at it (My ITG currently on order)!

The only problem I have is where to take the cold air feed from and places to neatly fasten the pipe. With the pipercross one from what I can determine is fixed size so don't know if it has been specially designed to fit or just a case or being 'universal' and you decide!

I have just had a quick look at my K1, it looks like on the aero kit the vent on the side next to the fog light are the best bet as they fed into the engine bay (albeit very low down!)

What have other done? As you say albeit the ITG kit is impressive it's not geting maximum cold air

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Fitted Mine today;

ITG_fitted_side.jpg

Nice bit of kit but can see what you mean, it closes off the original feed.

I'll give it some thought but initally i'm thinking a feed from the front bumper vents on the K1 and porting the original intake feed either through or around the new heat shield/foam

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Fitted Mine today;

ITG_fitted_side.jpg

Nice bit of kit but can see what you mean, it closes off the original feed.

I'll give it some thought but initally i'm thinking a feed from the front bumper vents on the K1 and porting the original intake feed either through or around the new heat shield/foam

It was such a nice day got an intake feed up to mine yesterday, its fairly easy but a little tight in their, also kept the cold air feed to the gearbox, which some have taken out.

For the moment its only a sh!t aluminimum flexi pipe but ill replace it with a black one which is on order http://www.demon-tweeks.com/Store/P..._Hose/Revotec_Flexible_Ducting_Hose/1814/3538.

Took it out for a blast and the area around the intake was nice and cold :D.

Ill take some pics but as i said it doesnt look the best but will replace it with a black one later this week which will look much better but it does the job for now.

Last edited:

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
guys there is no problem with a cold air feed to the intake. It is tried and tested, sure another cold air feed wil always always aid it further, but dont forget the ITG was designed originally on a cupra, so lets be fair im sure they would have included one had it been required.

Have a look at this on my car, should be similar on yours.
SDC10274.jpg

As you can see at the top rifht of the picture you can see the gap in the panel below the filter. This area is fed with air from the lower grill, and in tandem with the sealed off area around the filter, it provides the high pressure cold atmosphere around the filter.

Even after a few laps on track in my car, i opened the bonnet and felt the filter and it was cold to the touch.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.