"It's not easy being green" - Biodiesel

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
basstard said:
I'd tell your friend he can put at least up to 8-10 liters of SVO in without many probs,,, I remember the friend of driveforward here did 20-25% with his non-pd,,,
put it in,
Fire it up let the Engines Roll/It's time to Burn it Down/Keep Bleedin on till the day you die/Forever Love it Loud
:hide:
Indeed, I have also replied to slimjims friend :p

My experience shows that with a 45L tank, in warmer weather, a non pd car will happily run with a mix of 15L of SVO and 30L of diesel, cooler weather means you need to drop the amount of SVO by 5L

Works a treat :)

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
driveforward said:
My experience shows that with a 45L tank, in warmer weather, a non pd car will happily run with a mix of 15L of SVO and 30L of diesel

well I got a 45L tank, I got warm weather, I got a non pd car,,, I just need SVO,,, and my friend to buy it at the stock place,,,

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Terrible news.... I was on my way to see my "friend" with a ten litre bottle of SVO which I had bought for him.... walking to my car... and what do you know, I tripped, and dropped the oil.....into my fuel tank.

Im SO careless..... I only had 15L of diesel in at the time, so I drove 2 miles to my local station to top it back up to the brim, with no problems.

Just done 20 miles with 10L SVO and 40L diesel. No problems.

Just need to find somewhere to buy in bulk, rahter than 43p litre bottle from Lidl!

Oh ... and to fill in the form for Mr.Brown :whistle:

ToledoSteve

In reply to Basstard, many good points about the viscosity (someone earlier was right about PD Pumps-BUT Mercedes say all their Diesels will run on straight biofuel (cooking oil) But in my experience (through a friend of course) the only difference on that Rover TDI was in winter (we havn,t had a bad winter for ages-so things might be different in a bad one (or the Glens of Scotland) it took two turns of the engine to fire up instead of the usual one and has never had problems with dirty fuel lines etc. but it ru ns every day. (If I were worried about that sort of thing - hypothetically I would cut the cooking oil with parrafin (greenhouse heater type - which the EU decided has to be clear like vodka -so no colour to worry about and no smoke (incidentally TDIs seem to run OK on the parrafin also, purely foran emergency, such as a fuel strike or somesuch) (This is just a by the by, but years ago when I ran a diesel Merc an Italina guytold me that Diesel was so cheap in Italy because if it wasn,t everybody would run on cooking oil, in fact even then, 70s a lot of his relatives in the coutryside ran all their diesels on cooking oil as it was even cheaper than diesel.

Toledo Steve

Apr 20, 2006
Since I last posted.....The Tax situation has changed for the better. The VW 110TDI has run on cooking oil for a couple of thousand miles now no probs. And I don,t know if this is true but I read somewhere that good old Gordon Brown (may he die slowly with his balls on fire) is the only chancellor etc .to make a law that, should someone ever discover a way of running a car on water , then that water is to be taxed at the same rate as petrol at the point it enters yr tank.......don,t know how they,d administer that..but...like I have said on some site somewhere, next fuel strike I wouldn,t put it past them to have police/Army in all the supermarkets checking out who,s buying cooking oil.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.