Its only taken me 1 and half years (updated now with RARB)

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
Thanks to everyone on here who helped with the original thread a year and half ago :lol: and the thread i had the other day.

but the spacers arrived yesterday and after a bit of a mad/busy evening as i had loads to do and the seat wheel bolt bar thing was too big for the holes in the spacers so had to rush over to a mates who had a socket set to get them fitted. all i can say is it looks SOOOO much better now, will be getting a rear arb aswell later next week :D, handling has improved a bit aswell tbh, backend doesnt feel as loose/like its gonig to give at the slightest bend lol.

anywho pics from when i trial fitted them at mine (before going to my mates who had the right tools)

Before:
Image010.jpg

After:
Image009.jpg

:wave: matt

Last edited:

Tricky Red

Jan 16, 2007
Hope that I'm wrong, but I would say they are borderline for legality. IIRC your wheels / tyres should not extend beyond the wheel arch area.

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
as far as im aware its only the tread that cant extend past the arch, which this if you look from above doesnt even though it looks like it on the pics (and you have to remember they werent on properly in these pictures so they are ever so slightly further in that in the pics)

Tricky Red

Jan 16, 2007
Fair play mate, wasn't a criticism, more an observation. Mk4 wheels are a bit to inboard I have always thought. What spacers are they, look like 30mm

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
From the photo it almost certainly looks illegal,
However! With that said I'm running 20mm and mine are well within the limits.
Treadline isnt to pass the edge of the bodywork but tyre sidewall can, Hence the stretch VDubbers use.

ibiza staff

Apr 29, 2009
kings lynn
looks decent now mate, far better. im in the process of looking for some 20mm spacers, where did u get them from and how much?cheers

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
looks decent now mate, far better. im in the process of looking for some 20mm spacers, where did u get them from and how much?cheers

Bought them off a lad who had them on his bora (off another forum i use) got the for 55 :).

hopefully tonight im off to buy a whiteline arb tonight :D

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
you can get them from ebay

i bought some 20mm ones the other week , after my 15mm ones didnt fit my new wheels

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
UPDATE: Just fitted the whiteline rear arb i bought of nickfr on here, and sweet jesus i love the car again! feels sooooooooooo much better its untrue, still feels a bit understeery but i need new front tyres anyway soon so could just be that.

next on the list is remap on the 26th and then after a while depending on how i feel possible the strut brace but not sure if ill do that.

matt l

Jan 28, 2008
Sorry to sound thick - does this do anything for the handling or just to make it look "fat" ?

does a small amount to handling, didnt feel like the back end was as bad as before, but it wasnt majorly noticable.

Davecutts

could always make the arches a little wider if your that worried about legality :D