It's the little things

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
What bugs you?

Anyone else pissed off that they didn't bother moving the hand-brake over to the right? Or the bonnet release?

Why are the handbooks so small that I need a scanning electron microscope to read them? There is stuff I don't know how to work because reading the instructions is a pain.

If I switch off the stop-start system you know what? I'd like it to stay off, until I decide otherwise.

Your go?

Benjiman

Sep 20, 2014
Bristol
Getting really wet when first driving off in a wet car and braking with the windows open!
And having to half open the boot in the wet to prevent water entry.

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Why are the front and side indicators LED, but not the rears?

This. It's annoying.

So far I have a few:

- The key not having the chrome thing for a start.

- The placement of the electric window buttons makes me press the rear instead of the front ones.

- The ignition key placement. My knee and key ring are in contact most of the time.

- The SE trim gets black trim to surround the touch screen and dials. The FR gets grey. I think black looks way cooler.

- The sun visor when down obstructs too much of my vision.

Not really the cars or Seats fault but if you look under, in and behind things you can see where corners were cut. It starts with the key not having the chrome clip but hey you can't get better for the money and the styling, engine line up and kit list is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Oh yeah, and every time I use the rear screen washer it will proceed to weep intermittently for the next 24hrs, leaving water marks on the glass.

And it still annoys me that there is no washer fluid level sensor to let you know before it runs out that it needs refilling.

Also, the lack of a gas strut to lift the bonnet. The thing ways a ton and that stick is fiddly!
Little things indeed, but annoying none the less!

Last edited:

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
After I got my SE, one of the guys at work bought an FR. I agree, the gloss black on the dash looks better than the grey.

Good call on the fuse map. This is the first car I've ever owned that does not have that. Why? My guess is that they are trying to make it as difficult as possible for owners to do even basic jobs on their cars. Torx screws on the air filter box are another example.

On the window buttons, the absence on one-touch opening and closing on the front windows. The button has two positions so I reckon they just chose not to enable the feature.

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Not right now, I'm guessing you can right? :)

Hit New Destination,

Then Town.

You'll notice the button bottom left then changes to say 'PtCd'.
Press it to enter the postcode.

Least intuitive nav system I've ever used, but at least it gets you there!

Last edited:

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
And it still annoys me that there is no washer fluid level sensor to let you know before it runs out that it needs refilling.

Big thread on this a while ago. No real pattern or reason as to why some Leon's had a sensor whilst others didn't.

Noticed that Skoda and Audi list a washer fluid sensor as part of the Winter pack on some models. I wonder if SEAT are the same. My 150 FR didn't have the sensor but my 184 FR does, the 184 has the Winter pack….

pvm1234567890

Mar 10, 2015
Meath, Ireland
Noticed that Skoda and Audi list a washer fluid sensor as part of the Winter pack on some models. I wonder if SEAT are the same. My 150 FR didn't have the sensor but my 184 FR does, the 184 has the Winter pack….

That's what I was told. Buddy of mine just bouight a new Golf GTI, and it's the same deal. No winter pack, no washer fluid level.

Not really that big a deal, but I would like the rear doors to have the same interior LED lighting as the front doors.

What does bug me is the rear power socket being in the boot - I have the ST, which is obviously aimed at families. Put the rear power socket where the rear seat passengers can get to it!

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
Does anyone else find if you type in a postcode into the sat nav it never finds streets? If i type a town and then street its fine, but postcodes, No address data!

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
It's the rattles that bug me most... This is entirely psychological but when there are rattles, I have the impression I am on a horse wagon! Had the same problems with my previous Leon. Wondering if the Japanese cars are better. My brother's Civic Sedan (made in Japan, not in UK) never rattled.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Does anyone else find if you type in a postcode into the sat nav it never finds streets? If i type a town and then street its fine, but postcodes, No address data!

That bugs me too.

If you fill in the full address rather than go straight to postcode - it allows you to put house numbers in.

Why can't it also pull up house numbers when using the postcode function ??

Madefeld

Jun 19, 2012
Fuse box in the handbook being shown as behind the drop down drawer next to the steering wheel but in fact you have to take the glove box out as it is hidden behind there!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I'm pretty sure that message means it has no data about the street - poi's etc.

Fuse box in the handbook being shown as behind the drop down drawer next to the steering wheel but in fact you have to take the glove box out as it is hidden behind there!
Penalties of being made as a lhd originally .....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.