It's the little things

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Trouble is they (car manufacturing in general) are always looking to cost cut. SEAT is always going to be lower than VW, Audi will always be higher spec. Otherwise they would all be the same price.

Raymondo111

Apr 6, 2015
I had a couple of surveys from ipsos and another company come through about the car.

Considering I do actually like the car was surprised how many niggles I put on the form, mainly cost cutting that seems petty (no lining in storage console etc.) plus the rear light build quality issue which I'm annoyed about as the dealer isn't making any effort to help get it sorted.

No sure where you are in Essex and I assume you mean the cracks in the lights? I had one replaced on friday at EAG Southend together with a recall on the hazard warning switch. I just showed them all the info on here re the cracked lights and the found the TPI and got authorisation from SEAT straight away.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Is it just my stop start that kills the engine before I've actually reached a complete stop? I may only ever moving ever so slightly but it's a real pain in the arse. Why can't it kick in a second or two after I've stopped?

Houghsx

Aug 11, 2015
Is it just my stop start that kills the engine before I've actually reached a complete stop? I may only ever moving ever so slightly but it's a real pain in the arse. Why can't it kick in a second or two after I've stopped?
Sure my car comes to a complete stop before it cuts but that only happens when I forget to switch it off so only happens once.

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
What's ticking me off right now is the glee with which the doors weld themselves closed when the mercury drops. Not a problem unique to the Leon but it's certainly as bad as the worst cars I've ever had for it. Most of the cars have been better and some no problem at all. The Leon door seals are not a good design.

Lol. Happened to me on Thursday last week. Drivers door welded. Passenger ok but crawling through the car to start it and warm it wasn't easy.

While I waited I thought i'd start up my 15 year old Impreza. Door opened straight away.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
- Steering wheel (plastic MY2015 pre leather MY2016) is flipping freezing on cold mornings. I have to go back to a VW golf of 1991 when I had this last. 306's, BMWs, Golf's all had leather... Wouldn't be so bad if I put her in the garage but only room for one.

- locking wheel nuts are shite. Preferred the VW spline ones, far stronger and don't feel like they are about to twist and ring-off!

As the topic title says, it's the little things...

Last edited:

arreruk

Mar 15, 2014

Same here Kiddo - it's doing my nut in as I keep forgetting to turn it off on startup! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

Mine has never done this, if fact if I stop gently I can keep light pressure on the brake and it only stops when I press hard.

Ps never lost any wheel nut caps, even with the rough potholed roads we have to put up with up here.

Matt280

Jan 14, 2015
Mine has never done this, if fact if I stop gently I can keep light pressure on the brake and it only stops when I press hard.

Ps never lost any wheel nut caps, even with the rough potholed roads we have to put up with up here.

Same for me on both these things