It's the little things

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I must be the only person who likes the sat-nav (the original one, mine's the low-res slow thing).

It has never got me lost and it works faultlessly. It isn't the fastest to boot up but it's no slower than my old Garmin.

I'm happy with mine too, but won't be updating the maps at the price the dealer wants.

honziss

Aug 3, 2015
Prague / CZ
Yes they are but I didn't buy a car with steamed up headlights, that's my point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you, my LEDs on Seat are also steamed and shouldn't, I'm going to claim it. Full LEDs on my Lexus never steamed even if parked one week in the rain and oftened cleaned with pressure water.

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
I'm with you, my LEDs on Seat are also steamed and shouldn't, I'm going to claim it. Full LEDs on my Lexus never steamed even if parked one week in the rain and oftened cleaned with pressure water.

My dad has an Audi with LEDs and his don't steam up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015

My 2 year old Leon has never suffered with condensation in the lights. My boss has a two week old MY65 TT with condensation in both his. Condensation doesn'nt discriminate :D:

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013

My old man's 2 month old A7 matrix LEDs steam up. I've seen plenty of new Mercs with the same issue too.

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
Heres one that really bugs me, when washing the car and you pull the wipers away from the screen to clean it, the drivers arm takes a layer of paint of the back edge of the bonnet!

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
And another one. The rear hatch wiper blade moves along the arm, until it gets caught and then wont clean the window.

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
There's a "service mode" for the wipers isn't there where they stay in the vertical position

I wondered if there might be one as there was on my Altea, but that was because the wipers were hidden in the a-pillars. I don't remember seeing this is the manual but will check. Thanks.

Found it! problem sorted.

● The bonnet must be closed .
● Switch the ignition on and off.
● Press the windscreen wiper lever downwards briefly

Last edited:

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
The sat nav postcode screen always opens on the numbers entry screen but all UK postcodes start with letters and then after the 2 letters are submitted you go back to enter the number and then have to go back to letters screen to enter a space and then back to numbers and then back to letters screen. Why not just have a screen with numbers, space bar and letters ? :think:

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
^^^I agree that it's a cumbersome process but you're adding unnecessary presses by putting a space in. I've never added a space in the middle of a postcode entry and never had the need to.

Last edited:

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
^^^I agree that it's a cumbersome process but you're adding unnecessary presses by putting a space in. I've never added a space in the middle of a postcode entry and never had the need to.

It allows 2 numbers after the first 2 letters and then no more on mine until I enter the space, I wouldn't do it if it would allow 3 numbers.:confused:I'm on MY16 nav, maybe it changed :confused:

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
Mine's an early 2013 so yours will definitely be an updated nav.

I'm not sure I've ever tried to enter a two letter, two number prefix type postcode. I'll give it a try over the weekend and report back.

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
The sun visor doesn't extended. ie when you have it along the side window I was used to sliding it backwards to cover the sun blinding me from the side. Because I'm lanky and have the seat a fair way back I'm left with a gap. Even with sunglasses on.

Now we don't get much sun but when I've had this on cars for years previously it bugs me.

Same great idea as not having the seat belt height adjustable. I was told the seat moves up and down more than before!

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Bonnet stay is manual, lost the gas struts my previous cars had, 3 series and two golfs, even a 1999 peugeot had it! Cost cutting.

gshaw

Jun 14, 2014
Essex
I had a couple of surveys from ipsos and another company come through about the car.

Considering I do actually like the car was surprised how many niggles I put on the form, mainly cost cutting that seems petty (no lining in storage console etc.) plus the rear light build quality issue which I'm annoyed about as the dealer isn't making any effort to help get it sorted.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.