itsmrjt the Newbee!

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
I finally decided to join this forum! and this is my chance to read and learn abit about my MK1 Seat Leon 1.8t. Guess i joind because i bought the car in a rush as i needed a car! More about the car in a new thred in a minute!!

So as a newbee what can you expect?
Lots of questions lol
Lots of reading.
Maybe forgetting my password to login! lol.
But above all looking to find information from the people who know and who have been there, done it, got the T-Shirt.

Im also cool with making friends and possible meets for maybe track days out!

Anyway this me saying hello so lets get to the forum for a question if i cant find it.

Last edited:

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
The BAM engine is easily tuneble would advice if wanting over 300bhp do the internals mine chucked a rod at 283BHP

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Tbh I need to go through the paper work and see if it's had a Dyno I think it has at some point. Also what are differences between the bam engine and the 1.8t? Is there a visable way of telling? Coz mine has the cupra r bumpers on? And apparently mapped to a stage 2 with stage 2 fly wheel & clutch. I wonder what I would need next for a stage 3 as everything is there! Waiting on v5 so I can tax it aswel so can't enjoy it atm

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
Lift up the engine cover, left hand side of the engine will have 3 letters stamped into the head

The difference is the size of the turbo the early 1.8T had a K03 turbo then later changed to a slightly larger K03S and the cupra R/S3 uses a larger K04 turbo

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members