Iv replaced the frying pan handle with....

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
trouble is, that kind of plastic on the pipe is really thin and flimsy.. you would be better with some of this kind of piping , its metal and bends to whatever shape you require.. its only about a fiver or so from B&Q type places too

68280er.jpg

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Chris, I called it 'bert' ;)
seriously though,.. its just metal Ducting piping, you can get it from the plumbing/heating section at B&Q.. ive still got some in my cupboard downstairs, but dunno if there would be enought to do another 1.4.....

EssexIbiza1985

Oct 18, 2006
Hmm.. the original SPT mod. ;)

lol **** Pipe Tuning is the way forward.. i aint paying £80 for some overpriced ducting they call cold air feed with a pretty colourful trumpet on the end!

:lol: I wish it was an r36 engine... just a bog standard 1.4 or for the fancy name 1.4 multipoint injection single over head cam 8valve ;)

Mmmm may have to invest in some metal tubing as it seems when the engine gets hot it goes a bit floppy :lol:

To answer the original question someone asked I drilled it about 20 times round the back edge (mayb a bit overboard) on the non filtered side obviously!

got fed up of my pipercross dustbin lid induction kit seen as it slowed throttle response and sounded far too raspy

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.