Jabba IHI, Still ongoing

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Originally posted by BenS1
Perhaps they need more employees. They could employ me as the "Chasing down the downpipe supplier dept".... that should keep me in a job for a year or so. ;)

Ben

Aye :) Give that man a job.... :)

New premesis will have 2 x rolling roads, 4 x ramps, loads more space.... so I presume more peeps at some point...

Bill

Dormouse

Available In Race Blue
Originally posted by CustardCupra
Can i have a job there too ,i know feck all about the tuning industry apart from the fact it costs me £££££££'s every year:D

So do lots of companies who provide motorsports bits. That's what makes Jabbasport different. They won't release a product till it's ready. Maybe not the best commercial policy, but a damn fine engineering one.

Dor.

micky1

custom fabrications

i`ll make you a hand made custon downpipe.doing one for my S3 powered mk2 gti.Let me know.....

Black R

Apr 23, 2002
Visit site
this thread seems to go quiet for a while then come back to life when yet another fu**in week goes by and STILL nothing fu**in happens

Ben u been hasslin em some more? .....yet another "still waiting for bits" excuse??

Bill ???

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Originally posted by custard cruiser
this thread seems to go quiet for a while then come back to life when yet another fu**in week goes by and STILL nothing fu**in happens

Ben u been hasslin em some more? .....yet another "still waiting for bits" excuse??

Bill ???

I spoke to them last week, "Downpipes due any day now"!!! Need I say more?

Micky1, how much would you charge to make a downpipe to a very specific spec? Is it something you do professionally, or in your own time?

Cheers
Ben

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
Just thought i'd chuck this one in for some comments;

Has anyone had or got plans for the IHI conversion to their LCR yet ? or is that way way off ever happening ?

:cheers:

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
Originally posted by LEO LION R
...plans for the IHI conversion to their LCR yet ? or is that way way off ever happening ?...
I may be speaking out of turn here (and probably am - hey, I don't even own a turbo car...), but...

Quite *why* the Ibiza conversion is taking so long has been stated several times (though many seem to have chosen to ignore it). Ibiza is a particularly tricky installation and seeing as it was the only model based on this platform ever to play host to the 20vT motor is a fairly "niche" conversion. There's not a lot of space to play with, hence the need for the fabled custom downpipe and all the cooling issues. Leon *should* be a far easier installation as it's far more akin to a mk4 Golf, so should be far more spacious than an Ibiza. As a result, i'd imagine that much of the hardware used in other existing conversions (e.g. mk4 Golf, Audi A3, etc...) could probably be used so development time *should* be much reduced. Bill has aluded to this on at least one occasion...

Russboy

Nov 11, 2003
Surrey
Visit site

Has anyone had or got plans for the IHI conversion to their LCR yet ? or is that way way off ever happening ?

I want it but its the warranty issue that scares me, already got 286BHP dont wanna take the pi55 too much out of Seat! :D

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Originally posted by LEO LION R

Second thoughts Leo?;)

Glenn

Oct 15, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by hopkinsgm

Quite *why* the Ibiza conversion is taking so long has been stated several times (though many seem to have chosen to ignore it).

Indeed there's nothing stopping anyone from specifying and building their own turbo kit. The only thing that's not currently available off-the-shelf for the Ibiza is, funnily enough, the downpipe that Jabba are waiting for or its equivalent for another brand of turbo.

I could understand the impatience if deposits had been put down but otherwise, what's the rush?

Imagine the uproar, if Jabba said "F*ck it, let's get these moaning sods off our backs" and rushed out a cheap-sh*t, quick-fix, bodged up downpipe that falls apart after a couple of months. They've already got people slating their G60 work after being prompting by the competition (well duh, of course those with a vested interest in taking Jabba business aren't going to be impartial), I'm sure they can live without alienating what must be their main bread & butter customer base - 1.8Ts.

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
"Whats the rush?" Er... I first enquired about the IHI upgrade almost exactly 2 years ago (After talking to Mike about it at the Powerstation RR day) and target dates of GTI International (May) 2002 were mentioned!

To be honest i couldn't afford it at the time, and I decided I'd wait a year. I didn't realise it would be 2 years! I don't really think I've been rushing do you?

Also, about 4-5 months ago I was saying similar things to you whilst others were running around like headless chickens. I was saying about keeping calm and being patient... but I didn't realise it was going to drag on this long.

I agree with what you say though about getting it right, but then the delays are due to ongoing testing or design, its all just waiting for a long overdue part to be supplied.

I simply can't understand the downpipe situation. Presumably Jabba went to the Downpipe company and asked then to make some downpipes and the company said that they would be ready by a specified date. That date has been and past, and so have many many other dates. How can this happen? Did the downpipe company make up a bull$h1t date just to get the work, or did the company really think they could deliver? If the latter then what has been the unforseen problem?

Its just that we are so so close, yet so far. It like building an cruise liner but not being able to release it because the locks for the toilet doors haven't arrived! (Ok, I'm not very good with similies and metaphores!).

Just to clarify though, I'm not saying that Jabbasport have done anything wrong and that the kits should be out now, as I'm assuming its all the fault of the downpipe company failing to meet its target dates. Where Jabbasport maybe haven't been so good is with the feedback... letting us know exactly what the problem is, why theres a problem, whats being done to resolve it and an updated ETA. However, i do know that they are very very busy.

Cheers
Ben

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
Originally posted by Feel
Second thoughts Leo?;)

LOL

2nd, 3rd and many mor ethoughtd too ;) :D

360bhp and Quaife diff should be nice, just seems like an unknown cost at the moment, worst case £6000 :eek:

dangel

Nuclear Banana Boy
Originally posted by Russboy
I want it but its the warranty issue that scares me, already got 286BHP dont wanna take the pi55 too much out of Seat! :D

Forget warranty basically - this is one major mod! You could prolly still get them to look at electrical issues but engine etc all out of scope.
As you say tho, with a LCR and a chip you've got a lot already..

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
Still cheaper than your yearly service costs for an Evo though m8 ;) :p :D

Scott

LOL

It wouldnt have been that bad, only 4500 mile intervals which is all i'd have done in it anyway, and thats £300, its the 5 year (45k) one that costs lots £700+/-

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
I phoned Jabba yesterday.....

The latest update is that the downpipe company failed to deliver on their promise of 2 completed downpipes by the date they agreed, but they did show up a bit later... the bad news is that the downpipes were wrong!!! ie. the downpipe company stuffed up!!!

The downpipe company are now sorting the problem, although its not clear if that means the ones they have done will be modified or whether they have to start again from scratch!!!

Jools, did you discuss the IHI (And delays) when you got the E05 map down there the other day?

Also, did you buy your chargecooler from them and did they fit it, or did you go direct to Pace? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the CC (Parts + fitting)?

Cheers
Ben

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise