Jabba IHI, Still ongoing

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
RobDon said:
Bill does your current engine have standard internals with 360BHP?

yep... its a worry is'nt it :hide:
Another whole days thrashing round a circuit @ Anglesey on 1.5bar boost and its still running.
Cadwell next Friday next, then Kames in Scotland on 26th, then Combe twice in July - assuming its lasts of course.. :blink:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Ruddmeister said:
Bill

What happened to the Dahlback manifold, is that on the new engine (with bonnet mods)

Steve

No I sent that POS back.. and got my money back.
expensive paperweight that...

Does'nt fit Ibiza like they said it does and does'nt port to largeport size like they say it does either as has been found out by 2 other UK peeps..

not that I like to use the overdone word, but mine is "Custom" and may well turn into another Jabba product if it works well.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
I know the dahlback will fit the s3,but not sure if it's worth it ,what sort of gains do they quote?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
ryan_s3 said:
I know the dahlback will fit the s3,but not sure if it's worth it ,what sort of gains do they quote?

They claim15+bhp gains, but also say when mapped to suit... so perhaps no bolt on gains unless mapped. I asked Hans Dahlback this exact question, and the gains were from mapping and adjusting the boost, so more boost, timing would get you the power anyhows.. I can see it would be better for more evenly distributed cylinder filling via the slot/cone filling but as for more power... Hmmmm

Its a shed load of dosh for next to no gain IMHO...

It cant be reliably ported to suit largeport either, which for me was a requirement. The runners are simply too narrow and insufficient material to port to largeport. :( :no:

I think Edd Jackson saw gains but sure if these were "bolt on" gains or mapped as well gains. Now he's gone largeport 2.0ltr BIG Sportec turbo he's found out it wont go largeport, so has a step left, which is'nt ideal.

I thought Dahlback were quality but the manifold experience has shown me otherwise in this respect unfortunately. took a dim view of "yes it fits Ibiza, yes it ports to largeport" to get a sale approach when they obviously have never tried.

Oh well, live and learn

:whistle:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Spot the fitment problem LOL

dahlback-bonnet-interferance2.jpg

dahlback-bonnet-interferance4.jpg

dahlback-bonnet-interferance5.jpg

somewhere on my other pc I have internal views of the runners..

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
hmm,i think i'll give it a miss.My next stage will be valves and rods(when cash allows) and up the boost to say 1.5bar.I'm already thinking of the next stage..there must be something wrong with me!Do you think the head will be a major restriction then?

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
chan18T said:
wot did u spend 10k on ben? ive been readin the thread,im svain for an ihi conversion too but kind of lost as there is so much to do. . if u have any info mate. . . cheers,chan

Sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy lately.

The 10k went on:
- Bilsien Adjustable Suspension
- Brembo Brake Upgrade + Bills further upgrades (bell mounts etc)
- Front and Rear ARBs
- Wider wheels
- Quaife Differential
- Gauges
- Rollcage
- Bucket seats and harnesses
- Chargecooler
- Forge Dump Valve
- Induction Kit
- Uprated clutch and lightened Flywheel

I think theres quite a lot more, but I keep forgetting everything!

Ben

Last edited:

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
The jabba ihi cars run a vf34 ihi turbo.

You'll need a manifold too to fit this turbo aswell as it is different flange to the ko3 on your car.

Also budget a lot more than £3k for the basic stage 3 kit! As you'll need a remap, diff is and essentail etc...

As you can see Ben, Bill has done a fair bit of work to there cars. Its kinda like a evolution process. Can't just do it over night.

But well worth it in the end! :)

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
ibizacupra said:
Spot the fitment problem LOL

dahlback-bonnet-interferance2.jpg

dahlback-bonnet-interferance4.jpg

dahlback-bonnet-interferance5.jpg

somewhere on my other pc I have internal views of the runners..

Bloody hell Bill how did you bend that fuel rail to stand up vertically :-o

Did you have the depressurise the fuel system?

My one was horizontal all the way during the fitment. Was very tight to say the least.

That pertrudes quite a fair bit out the ibiza.

Thought my one wasn't going to fit either half way through.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yumann said:
Bloody hell Bill how did you bend that fuel rail to stand up vertically :-o

Did you have the depressurise the fuel system?

My one was horizontal all the way during the fitment. Was very tight to say the least.

That pertrudes quite a fair bit out the ibiza.

Thought my one wasn't going to fit either half way through.

my rail just flopped up there.. its only flexi lines into and out of it on mine. (ibiza thing perhaps)

you got any logs or dyno's yet?

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
ibizacupra said:
my rail just flopped up there.. its only flexi lines into and out of it on mine. (ibiza thing perhaps)

you got any logs or dyno's yet?

Missed this thread!

Ive got some before runs need to do the after ones properly. Was letting the car get use to the mani first.

157.3g stadard @ 17 degrees
155.9g with mani @ 24 degrees

Think the drop off was dues to the temperature. Would you expect that bill?

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
Yumann said:
Missed this thread!

Ive got some before runs need to do the after ones properly. Was letting the car get use to the mani first.

157.3g stadard @ 17 degrees
155.9g with mani @ 24 degrees

Think the drop off was dues to the temperature. Would you expect that bill?
That's quite promising with a 7'C temp increase! Wait for a similar day and do again! :thumbup:

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
YerMother said:
That's quite promising with a 7'C temp increase! Wait for a similar day and do again! :thumbup:

Alright Sie you find the pics any help?

You reakon its good i was a wee bit disapointed TBH.

Does anyone know the drop off in MAF relative to temperature?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.