Jabba remap...

Si

Southern MoFo!
Aug 21, 2003
Bournemouth
www.westover.org.uk
I was the first LCR that has been mapped and tested.

They will use the same map for all future LCRs.

They only post the BHP and Torque the results from RR's
Mine is 266bhp and 280lb/ft or 380NM

Si

Southern MoFo!
Aug 21, 2003
Bournemouth
www.westover.org.uk
Yes compared to Revo. Give them a call, Speak to Simon (MD) he will give you a price, I have been reviewing the map for them so it won't be added to the website just yet, but if you see the plot in my sig you will see its far smoother than any REVO plot your see.

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
ibizacupra said:
10 losses is not real.
only dyno which reports those level losses is Dynojet

I agree!!
I don't believe 10bhp losses are correct, but then neither is 70bhp which takes us back to the old dyno lottery argument!!
I'm happy with the performance of mine now it's remapped and I'm sure Si's happy with his . Who knows what these maps are actually putting out!!!, Figures just make good pub talk:blahblah:

Si

Southern MoFo!
Aug 21, 2003
Bournemouth
www.westover.org.uk
Ju. I spoke to Powerstation about the losses, they said it was the type of rollers they use, they said to subtact about 30bhp off the loss and that is what I would see on the road.

dan-ish

Audi Techie
Jan 26, 2005
darwen
m0rk said:
the thing is - if they're able to do a custom map, why can't they customise the timing map to suit lower octane fuel?
Would it not have less power than standard if it's designed for 98ron?

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
Si said:
Ju. I spoke to Powerstation about the losses, they said it was the type of rollers they use, they said to subtact about 30bhp off the loss and that is what I would see on the road.

When you peak at 266fwhp you have 200whp, losses are the difference arent they?
So are you saying that you have 236fwhp?

36hp would be a more reasonable figure for losses wouldnt it?

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
Yeah , I had my old ATR on MAHA rollers and that saw around 65bhp losses, I would agree 40bhp would seem more like it;)
Certainly makes the car feel like it should of been out of the box though doesn't it:D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
dan-ish said:
Would it not have less power than standard if it's designed for 98ron?

No - I assume the boost is increased.....

Like I say - if Mike really can custom remap - then he would have had no problems whatsoever mapping to suit the 97RON. Unless he doesn't have access to the timing map? but that's a core part of mapping a car.... so what else can't he access? boost? fuelling?

With Revo/CC you can adjust the timing to suit different fuel types, but jabbasport can't on their custom maps? do me a favour.

Si

Southern MoFo!
Aug 21, 2003
Bournemouth
www.westover.org.uk
GaryM said:
When you peak at 266fwhp you have 200whp, losses are the difference arent they?
So are you saying that you have 236fwhp?

36hp would be a more reasonable figure for losses wouldnt it?

Yes subtract roughly 30bhp off the losses and add it onto the whp. So 230whp is about right. :D

WatchHill

Twonk
Mar 10, 2004
Cumberland
www.gunculture.net
Just felt this needed repeating.....

Scotty_b said:
as if it was just a glorified sps system like on the revo.

Always been bemused by people that go on about these 'custom remaps' as though their car was somehow completely different to anyone elses.
Yes OK, you may have aftermarket zorst and induction but I'm thinking Revo plus SPS3 can cope.

Last edited:

dan-ish

Audi Techie
Jan 26, 2005
darwen
m0rk said:
No - I assume the boost is increased.....

Like I say - if Mike really can custom remap - then he would have had no problems whatsoever mapping to suit the 97RON. Unless he doesn't have access to the timing map? but that's a core part of mapping a car.... so what else can't he access? boost? fuelling?

With Revo/CC you can adjust the timing to suit different fuel types, but jabbasport can't on their custom maps? do me a favour.
Why would they be able to adjust fuel and boost and not ignition? Seems a bit backward in the software if thats the case.

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
custom map it dont sound very custom to me any custom or live mapping should be able to be done on any ron type i have had live mappin and custom mapin and i know places where they custom map ur car to run both 95ron and 98/99ron by using a switch in car so the ecu knows wat fuel is being used determins the fulein and level it allows which there for if using 95ron they'd reduce the boost and fuel flow on the ecu map, then for 98/99ron they'd set it to maximum boost and fuel rate (these boost levels should also be down to the owner of the car as it is custom you can specify boost level u want to run and wat bhp ur lookin for, obviousley they should advise you cant go in there wit standard lcr and say id like 30psi please)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
back to the topic!

J@mes said:
did some logging tonight...

good news! (i think!)

i only saw three 3s (all in the 3rd cylinder)...

0......0......3......0......@ 6680rpm (in 3rd)

0......0......3......0......@ 5680rpm (in 4th)
0......0......3......0......@ 5840rpm (in 4th)

whereas the other day with sainsbury's super in i was getting lots of 3s...

2.3......3......2.3......1.5......@ 5360rpm
0........3.8......3.........3.......@ 5520rpm

so it seams using optimax has helped me!? :blink:

so hopefully on thursday jabba wont be seein any 6s or 7s or even 11s when they remap it!

wat u guys think?

james :)

back to the topic...

wat u think of my new log?

it does seam optimax has helped right? :confused:

and as for custom mapping/jabba Vs. Revo etc etc... i have decided to go down the jabba rute rather than revo and i shall see what happens this thursday! i hope and pray they can sort me out, otherwise il have to go else where! :(

i have their boost controller fitted, and they said they can set it up so fully on is 100% power (for optimax) but if i have to use 95ron then i can turn it all the way down and it will adjust the boost/timing to suit

well im sure thats wat they said they can do.

anyways, i shall see what happens!

fingers crossed!

james :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
im pretty sure it does timing too... well they can set it up so it does... well im sure they said that, not 100% sure!

i do know their boost controller goes into the n75 valve tho!

andycupra

status subject to change
one thing i was wondering about...
you were getting 11's on 97 ron.
then put 98 in and the figures all but dissapeared...
what happens in a few miles when the engine has adapted to the 98 ron?

just a thought.

also few people saying that you have to run 98 ron in a LCR. im pretty sure you dont have to.
doesnt it specify 95-98 and therefore shoudl be able to run on 95 and 97 with no probs?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise