Jabba remap...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
andycupra said:
one thing i was wondering about...
you were getting 11's on 97 ron.
then put 98 in and the figures all but dissapeared...
what happens in a few miles when the engine has adapted to the 98 ron?

just a thought.

also few people saying that you have to run 98 ron in a LCR. im pretty sure you dont have to.
doesnt it specify 95-98 and therefore shoudl be able to run on 95 and 97 with no probs?

no jabba said i was getting 6s and 7s on their map, and they even saw one 11!

they then put my car back to the standard map (so im not remapped at the mo!) and the figures above ar ethe ones i have logged!

as for what a LCR should run on... on my fuel cap it says 98RON/95ROZ (ROZ is US equivalent to RON)

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
The sticker on the filler cap that says 98 ron only does it for me.
Also remember a post from revo kev that sez a change from 97BP to 98optimax adjusted the timing angle by 1 degree or so in cars he's logged.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
J@mes said:
im pretty sure it does timing too... well they can set it up so it does... well im sure they said that, not 100% sure!

i do know their boost controller goes into the n75 valve tho!

it doesn't then.....

boost only, not fuel

if you want to use 97RON, then f'ing well tell them to map it to 97RON. if they can't - then it's not custom.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
to be honest we are talking about Sainsburys 97 fuel here, Wish people would look at the fact that this is not 97 for all intense and purposes.

Sainsburys use an ethanol mix ( as like most other supermarket suppliers) which is usally 5% ehtanol ratio. But the ethanol as most will know is the main point, as it is just the ethanol that is pushing the octane higher not the other 95 %of ordinary petrol, If this makes sense.

So for example if sainsburys released a 98 octane fuel due to this ethanol use it would not have the same performance results as Optimax

I think this was shown up very recently in the tests on tesco's 99 octane which also has the same 5% ethanol blend.

So the difference between supermarket 97 and optimax 98 is more than you think.

so don't be a tight wad and use the optimax or chicken out and buy a diesel if its too pricey.

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
well said antFR tesco's 99 is optimax with the ethanol mixture in i use this if im stumped for petrol ie runnin low an there aint a shell near me for 15miles

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
andycupra said:
well i was about to wade in and say they have the torque figures for the seat 1.8T lump wrong also, but...

its in Nm not ftllb.
Just to be anal it's lbft NOT ftllb

also yes jabba controller, boost only NOT timing, hope that clears that up

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
m0rk said:
No - I assume the boost is increased.....

Like I say - if Mike really can custom remap - then he would have had no problems whatsoever mapping to suit the 97RON. Unless he doesn't have access to the timing map? but that's a core part of mapping a car.... so what else can't he access? boost? fuelling?

With Revo/CC you can adjust the timing to suit different fuel types, but jabbasport can't on their custom maps? do me a favour.

hard to say without asking mike if he could do it perhaps he didnt want to?, but why would you "power" up a car to 97ron? wouldnt you at least tell the customer there wasting power?

mike did a great job mapping mine. just wish theyd get on with finding a cheaper than ihi 300bhp turbo upgrade...

maybe i hear jbs calling....

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
well il be in peterborough at 9am 2mo, wish me luck and il post up results 2mo night!

james :)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members