jabbasport metal reducer stuck on the MAF

GTste

Aug 31, 2007
West Midlands
in trying to remove my jabbasport induction kit i cant get the metal reducer thing off the MAF, its stuck on there good and propper.

ive tried a hair dryer, boiling water and screw driver and hammer but it just wont budge. anyone have any suggestions?

:cry:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
GTste,

Try giving Jabba a call, i am sure they have come across this before, also there was a MAF for sale in the "for sale section" a couple of weeks back on the cheap, it might still be there.

Cheers

GTste

Aug 31, 2007
West Midlands
ive got the maf and the reducer off the car so its definetly cold.

and it definetly isnt budging so im going to have to source another MAF and then cut the old maf off.

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
I would try removing maf sensor from housing by unscrewing tamper proof torx srews and then put housing with metal tube into the oven to really warm it up and get metal pipe hot and see if that shifts it.They are a very good fit.I had to heat mine up to get it on.

muttly

Oct 1, 2005
Stamford Nr Peterborough
had to put mine in the oven when i fitted it..so that it would fit on the MAF because it was that tight fit..its bin on about a year or so.. but last time i checked mine was really loose :confused:

GTste

Aug 31, 2007
West Midlands
well mine definetly isnt loose lol.

i tried heating it up etc with boiling water and a hairdryer with no joy so im trying to source a new one now!

right pain in the arse.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.