James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

JamJay

California Bound
You sound like a man in the know! Don't suppose you fancy helping me fit some coilovers for some beer tokens? :D

P.S - are you going to the RollingRoad day organised by D.K?

I'll be honest, the rears scare me as i'll need a spring compressor and if that goes wrong, we could die :D. I hope to do mine in around March/April time so if you're planning on doing them after that time, i'd be happier because I'll know more about it.

I am indeed going to AMD on the 21st, are you? I am organising a meet at Clacket Lane Services on the M25 at 8am on that day if you can make that? So far there are 4 of us meeting, with a possible 2 or 3 guys coming from Berkshire.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
I'll be honest, the rears scare me as i'll need a spring compressor and if that goes wrong, we could die :D. I hope to do mine in around March/April time so if you're planning on doing them after that time, i'd be happier because I'll know more about it.

I am indeed going to AMD on the 21st, are you? I am organising a meet at Clacket Lane Services on the M25 at 8am on that day if you can make that? So far there are 4 of us meeting, with a possible 2 or 3 guys coming from Berkshire.

Yer i'm going, i actually live in Tunbridge Wells now so is only about 30mins from me to AmD, and have got to pass clacket lane to get there so count me in for the meet before hand.

Yer any help i can get would be appreciated! :D

JamJay

California Bound
Let me learn from daddeo first and i'll pass the knowledge on :D. If it's a real pain then he might do it on the cheap for you, I trust him more than any mechanic TBH with his 30+yrs experience. If you want it done ASAP though, AMD are very good!

Ok, you're quite local too. I think that D.K is planning a Westerham meet in the summer which would be on your doorstep more or less.

Give me a PM nearer to the 21st but I don't imagine the 8am meeting time changing.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Let me learn from daddeo first and i'll pass the knowledge on :D. If it's a real pain then he might do it on the cheap for you, I trust him more than any mechanic TBH with his 30+yrs experience. If you want it done ASAP though, AMD are very good!

Ok, you're quite local too. I think that D.K is planning a Westerham meet in the summer which would be on your doorstep more or less.

Give me a PM nearer to the 21st but I don't imagine the 8am meeting time changing.

Cheers! I've been looking for a mechanic that i can trust for a while, there are so many "cowboys" out there so would be a good contact to know. I'm in no mad rush to get it done, shall probably be buying the kit on the RRday as everyone gets 10% discount :D Cheers for all the info!

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Got myself a set of DS2500's from Bill.

Supposed to be a Fantastic pad, good cold stopping. Fantastic hot stopping.

Can't wait for the new discs to try them out :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 20376

ive heard good things about these pads. i got the ebc yellow stuff and there spot on but im guna try the ferodo ones next time.

lankman

Jan 15, 2010
i think the colour of your car is possibly the best colour they put on leons - looks awesome and the alloy colour goes great with the car

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
New Front Discs & Pads

Fitted the new DS2500's and some new EBC Grooved Discs.

What a fantastic pad, good cold grip but when they are hot..... be prepared! Pulls up really well.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise