James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Took a quick photo at lunch of how it's looking at the moment for the "non believers" :D

fb61e01d.jpg

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Been having a play on paint to try and design some intake pipework, please excuse the shoddy mouse work :D

I'm thinking 3.5 inch (89mm) all the way from the filter through the RS4 MAF and then taper in at the turbo intake to 3".

intake.jpg

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Certainly is mate, enjoying seeing this project come along :)

Good effort at paint there.. Are you re-locating the battery at all?

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
i'm not certain about relocating the battery yet, I think i'm going to need to in order to get a big enough filter in there...... JR do a cone that is 140mm (bottom) x 100mm (top) x 203mm (high) with a 90mm neck which isn't too big or a cone that is 140mm (bottom) x 120mm (top) x 304mm (high) with a 100mm neck which is going to be MASSIVE.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
i'm not certain about relocating the battery yet, I think i'm going to need to in order to get a big enough filter in there...... JR do a cone that is 140mm (bottom) x 100mm (top) x 203mm (high) with a 90mm neck which isn't too big or a cone that is 140mm (bottom) x 120mm (top) x 304mm (high) with a 100mm neck which is going to be MASSIVE.

100mm neck will be huge!

Have you seen Ronin's Green air filter? That thing makes Jetex/JR cone's look tiny, lol. Not sure what the neck mm is on the Green though.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
With regard to your inlet james have you thought about making a billet adapter/velocity stack to mount to the turbo then doing all the piping in 89mm, its what i'm planning on doing
Battery relocation is a must for any decent cone setup, surprising how much room it frees up
The green cone i have is an 80mm neck but if you want a blue one have a peruse of the JR site

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
With regard to your inlet james have you thought about making a billet adapter/velocity stack to mount to the turbo then doing all the piping in 89mm, its what i'm planning on doing
Battery relocation is a must for any decent cone setup, surprising how much room it frees up
The green cone i have is an 80mm neck but if you want a blue one have a peruse of the JR site

The 3" Garrett disco potato compressor housing has a beaded inlet.. how are you going too get the adapter too seal over that? use a hell of a lot of silicon or machine off the beaded lip?

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
I suppose you could incorporate an o-ring into the adapter too give a tight seal behind the lip. Plenty of ways around it I just wondered how you planned on doing it

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Well managed to get a few ours on the car this eve...

3104d49a.jpg

What a PITa all the electrical connectors are, I labelled them all up when I took them off but somehow some of them have got wet and can't tell what they are for now....

Last edited:

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Well managed to get a few ours on the car this eve...

What a PITa all the electrical connectors are, I labelled them all up when I took them off but somehow some of them have got wet and can't tell what they are for now....

Looking good James :)

I had the same bother with my electrics - although at the time i stripped mine i got cocky and though its obvious where everything goes... no need to label it up......... apparently it isn't after much head scratching i sussed it but it took some doing.

Let me know if you need any photos of wire runs / connections mate.

Took a quick photo at lunch of how it's looking at the moment for the "non believers" :D

I hope that wasn't aimed at me xxx

Last edited:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Looking good James :)

I had the same bother with my electrics - although at the time i stripped mine i got cocky and though its obvious where everything goes... no need to label it up......... apparently it isn't after much head scratching i sussed it but it took some doing.

Let me know if you need any photos of wire runs / connections mate.

I hope that wasn't aimed at me xxx

Id appreciate it if you could tell me where the knock sensors come from, is one in the loom for the injectors? also i've got a few broken connectors, do you know if these are simple to replace or should I find a way of making them stay on?

Mmm big race forge fmic :)

Got to love it...!!!

Last edited:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Just ordered 3 litres of Gulf Cometition gearbox oil, 1 litre of hydraulic fluid for the PAS and 4 x NGK BKR8EIX iridium spark plugs. Top service opie and well done on the price match!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.