James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Well it's been nearly a week since my last update and sadly I don't have much to report.

Done a few small jobs, filled the gearbox with oil, aligned the gearbox linkage, installed the throttle body to the SEM and the SEM to the head.

That is about it for now. Isn't a lot more to do apart from put the plugs and 2.0 coils on when the plugs arrive. Only other job i've got to do is to install the inline fuel pump and put the front bumper back on and she will be ready for the 9th of March for the trip to bills.

It's going to be a boring couple of weeks for me as I won't have much to do on the car, I might try and get the car out of the garage and push it onto the drive to give it a wash before going up to bills apart from that it's a waiting game :(

Will get a few pics up of the engine bay as it stands later...

you relocating the battery?

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Has anyone got an opinion on grade's of cable for battery reloco? Looking at getting 50mm2 cable to run from the boot to the engine bay. It seems that CCA (Copper coated Aluminium) is readily available and not that expensive or pure copper which is £££££

Am I right in thinking 5M from the boot to the engine bay, and 1M for the ground in the boot?

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Your best bet might be to buy an amp wiring kit

Have a look at the 0AWG wiring kits, very thick cable, noticed a few using it now aswell as myself

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
I've been inspired recently with the people who are undertaking 4WD conversions on leons, it seems that a high mileage s3 can be picked up for about 2.5k which when you break it down into what parts are worth in them, full leather interior, engine, turbo, etc etc they are almost worth as much in parts as they are as a car...

I'm going to investigate and try and buy myself a high mileage s3 in the not too distant future to convert the Leon to 4wd. I might keep hold of the leather interior etc as well and put it in the Leon to make it that little bit better.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I had the same thoughts a few months back
I wouldnt bother with keeping the seats, just took some out today and they must weigh 30kg each
You can also get S3's much much cheaper than 2.5k, trust me
By the way i used 25mmsq radox cable for my relocation and had about 5.5m and had a good .5m left over after doing an earth lead

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
This is really starting to come together now James, hats off to you for getting so hands on, you clearly know what you're doing. I cant wait to see this once its finished.

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
I've been inspired recently with the people who are undertaking 4WD conversions on leons, it seems that a high mileage s3 can be picked up for about 2.5k which when you break it down into what parts are worth in them, full leather interior, engine, turbo, etc etc they are almost worth as much in parts as they are as a car...

I'm going to investigate and try and buy myself a high mileage s3 in the not too distant future to convert the Leon to 4wd. I might keep hold of the leather interior etc as well and put it in the Leon to make it that little bit better.

I had the same thoughts a few months back
I wouldnt bother with keeping the seats, just took some out today and they must weigh 30kg each
You can also get S3's much much cheaper than 2.5k, trust me
By the way i used 25mmsq radox cable for my relocation and had about 5.5m and had a good .5m left over after doing an earth lead

Copycats :p

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Well I ran into a little problem this evening, decided to install my fuel pump ready for going to bills next week and the fuel feed clip decided to hand in it's notice and is completely buggered. Going to have to drop the fuel tank a little and feed up a new pipe that I got from TPS. No big deal just a bit of a pain and something that shouldn't have happened.

On a plus side my spark pugs (BKR8EIX) arrived from opie today and I went about installing my 2.0 coils. All is looking good just need to do a bit more work on the car this weekend in preparation for next week.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Should be able to get the turbo mounted up to the mani and all the lines attached this weekend. Got a gasket to make for the oil drain and got a double ended barb coming for the coolant return and then can install all the lines, fill it with coolant etc.

Really looking forward to getting this off to bills next week for the final stage. Ordered myself a Forge supersize valve today with the 40mm openings going to need it for this power the 007p can't flow enough for what I will be running.

Need to get the fuel line sorted this weekend as well, bloody thing!!! :censored:

Last edited:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Well it's booked, the 7th of April is the official day that I go and collect my car from Bills. Just over 5 weeks from today. It's going to be a slow few weeks but I trust Bill will do a good job and am really looking forward to going to collect it already. :D

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Went home at lunch to find my role of 0AWG power wire had arrived along with a few other bits. Going to be a busy weekend. Got to install the power wire for the battery reloco, fit a new fuel line where i broke the other one, install turbo to manifold and attach all the lines up and a few other small bits to install.

Watch this space for updates this weekend. :)

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Well it was a busy weekend working on the car and finally it's out of my garage.

f1856e3a.jpg

Spent most of the day just getting the final bits ready for it's trip to bills on Friday, filled it with coolant, oil, power steering fluid, attached the turbo to the manifold and the lines to the turbo. The rest if for bill to finish. I turned the car over to prime everything which all went without hicup. Here is a pic of how "the bay" stand before it goes up to bills.

ca46142b.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.