James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Silicone TIP

got my tip through from autobahn88, looks very good quality, 4 ply, very solid, few pics.

IMG00065-20100310-1030.jpg

IMG00066-20100310-1030.jpg

IMG00067-20100310-1030.jpg

Last edited:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
yer pleased with it, but to be honest i only bought it for peace of mind, how much performance can really be had from a bit of pipe?

Next stop, FMIC hopefully will get some good gains from that.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Well it's been a while since this thread has been updated. Quite a few things have changed recently.

Finishing a few jobs this weekend will get some photo's up as well and do an update. :)

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Brembo refurb

Decided that it was time for a brembo refurb, whoever did them last time did a bit of a poor job, so rubbed them back down, full respray in HT paint, decals and a few coats of laquer.

d74e23c9.jpg

f4905df1.jpg

Have also done the rears including carriers.

Done a full system bleed including abs pump which is a real pain, such a difficult platform to bleed. Finally managed it with eezibleeder, VCDS, and a few pairs of hands, MC bleed nipples aren't exactly easy to get to

Last edited:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Fmic

Next up was a FMIC, I decided to go for a custom setup with the toyosports intercooler and custom hard pipework.

The hard part is removing the bumper, what a PITA.

697516d9.jpg

2e3db27f.jpg

7b2a3226.jpg

4bef1ef4.jpg

I have to say, I am very impressed, cost a total of about £250, so a bargain. Charge temps are a lot lower than using the
SMIC. Managed to keep the fogs no problem by routing the pipework properly. Will be getting upper boost hoses shortly. I've done the s badge in gloss black as well :)

Last edited:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
3" tip

Had a little parcel arrive from Bill on Saturday morning

781febab.jpg

187be7cf.jpg

Loosely fitted for the time being until I make my heatshielf.

Took the car out for a quick drive Saturday afternoon, hasn't been driven since it was put away, WOW, addition of FMIC and TIP is amazing, just need the exhaust for stage 2.

I have also painted the battery box in gloss black, will be doing the same to the engine cover in time. Also going to put in an air feed from the front.

Last edited:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
I've also sent the wheels to JP polishing in canvey island for a full refurb in the same colour as some where slightly off.

Top job done, top quality service, well done JP

Photos to come

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Hey man, was good to catch up a half hour ago, the motors looking absolutely top dollar, you must be pleased with those wheels especially as i noticed straight away they were freshly refurbed! ;)

Really interested in your custom FMIC set up, even more so after read this and seing you've kept your fogs as I really want to keep mine.

Might have to take you up of on the POLISHER SUGGESTION, you teach me how to use it and you can use it in return :) would love it if you could help us out with the VAG COM'ing like the windows up on remote :D

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Hey man, was good to catch up a half hour ago, the motors looking absolutely top dollar, you must be pleased with those wheels especially as i noticed straight away they were freshly refurbed! ;)

Really interested in your custom FMIC set up, even more so after read this and seing you've kept your fogs as I really want to keep mine.

Might have to take you up of on the POLISHER SUGGESTION, you teach me how to use it and you can use it in return :) would love it if you could help us out with the VAG COM'ing like the windows up on remote :D

Hi mate,

Yer if you need any pointers with anything g then give me a shout. Car is looking fresh mate.

I think your list of mods will be growing? :)

I'll pm you my mob number drop be a text and we'll sort something out

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members