James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Awesome ride James!

Not sure why I've not commented on this sooner. Really loving the car :)

BT will be sweet! What bhp/torque are you expecting from it in the end when complete?

Also, noticed you have the full Superpro bush kit done by AmD on the car, I see you were happy with this work and how the car felt after.. Can you shed anymore feedback on the kit? I booked mine in today to get done in a few weeks. Standard bushes are weak and mine are shot. Getting the whole kit done and really cannot wait!

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Awesome ride James!

Not sure why I've not commented on this sooner. Really loving the car :)

BT will be sweet! What bhp/torque are you expecting from it in the end when complete?

Also, noticed you have the full Superpro bush kit done by AmD on the car, I see you were happy with this work and how the car felt after.. Can you shed anymore feedback on the kit? I booked mine in today to get done in a few weeks. Standard bushes are weak and mine are shot. Getting the whole kit done and really cannot wait!

Going to be gunning for the "over 400" mark, want something manageable day to day, but at a squeeze of the right foot something that will smoke unsuspecting porsche's etc!

The super pro kit is VERY nice, great service from AmD as usual, nice tight ride, you do get a bit of cabin vibration from the dog bone for a bit but it soon disappears. (3-4 weeks). I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Going to be gunning for the "over 400" mark, want something manageable day to day, but at a squeeze of the right foot something that will smoke unsuspecting porsche's etc!

The super pro kit is VERY nice, great service from AmD as usual, nice tight ride, you do get a bit of cabin vibration from the dog bone for a bit but it soon disappears. (3-4 weeks). I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Lovely :D
Bet you can't wait to have that on tap!! Should be sweet mate!

Yeah I know all about the dog bone mount, I'm running the Powerflex one and that took a couple of weeks to settle down. But it'll be replaced with the Superpro dog bone along with the rest soon :D

Looking forward to the ride being tight and having a newer feel to it!!

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Lovely :D
Bet you can't wait to have that on tap!! Should be sweet mate!

Yeah I know all about the dog bone mount, I'm running the Powerflex one and that took a couple of weeks to settle down. But it'll be replaced with the Superpro dog bone along with the rest soon :D

Looking forward to the ride being tight and having a newer feel to it!!

Good luck mate, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the kit or the service.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good luck mate, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the kit or the service.

Cheers matey. They've always been good to me down there and I've never left disappointed or let down by them so I'm sure it'll be a good day :D

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
It's cheaper to source a crank this side of the pond, can get one from the mk4 2.0 8v lump, and use that, and let's be honest a N/A car with 115bhp isn't going to have put much stress on the crank. Going to get it refurbed during the build, $900 for a fsi crank new, or £100 for a used one and recon it. I know which one makes sense!

Ive been given a price from a tuner for a large port head without cams etc, but if you could point me in the direction? :)

Are the mk4 cranks forged, i didnt bother with that either as a few tuners say they can twist slightly.
Its then got to be refurbed, balanced, etc which could be expensive
How much were you quoted for a bare head if you dont mind me asking

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Are the mk4 cranks forged, i didnt bother with that either as a few tuners say they can twist slightly.
Its then got to be refurbed, balanced, etc which could be expensive
How much were you quoted for a bare head if you dont mind me asking

If it's not going to be strong enough then I will chuck a FSI crank in there, but to be honest putting 400HP through the crank shouldn't twist or damage it, 700+ would be a different story.

JNL are going to be doing quite a lot of the work on my engine so it's going to be recon'd and balanced etc during the build up anyway.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Yer mate, might as well go the whole hog, going to get the head ported & polished / gas flowed as well!!

Haven't decided on the turbo to be honest, got 3 options

Tried and tested gt3071r, possibly with the larger hot side due to 2.0
Borg warner EFR6758 with 63 hot side, might even try the 7064 with 83 hot side. something untried currently in the uk
A hta gt frame turbo, 3076r with hta wheel

Still weighing up all my options really whilst I build the engine.

The efr is internally gated, and if I was going garret I would go external with tial waste gate in vband.

I don't mind a bigger turbo with the stroker & valve train as it will rev to 8.2k

What's your thoughts?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members