Jason Plato joins Race of Champions

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Jason Plato will take part in the Race Of Champions this coming weekend. Plato will be competing against top racers such as Michael Schumacher, Jenson Button, David Coulthard, Sebastien Loeb and Mattias Ekstrom and SEAT Sport WTCC champion Yvan Muller.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

Last edited by a moderator:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Autosport to broadcast RoC LIVE online

For those of you who may not have access to Sky Sports Xtra the Race of Champions will be broadcast live on the Internet thanks to autosport.com.

Autosport.com, in partnership with Freecaster.tv., will broadcast the whole event live, with exclusive commentary by Bruce Jones and John Hindhaugh.

The webcast will go live on autosport.com from 13:50 GMT on Sunday.

It's a great event and well worth watching. :)

caveo

Dam this on the same time as the sheffield x-mas meet or id be all over it , but thats what sky+ is for.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Going to see it live. Got tickets for me and my 2 sons - not cheap though at £167 and then £25 for parking. Still can't wait - I'm more excited than they are!!!

But as a side note I can use the drive down bed in my new F1 Asym's.

caveo

Do you know its only 13 quid by train to london from chesterfield , so you can av a lil drinkypoo's..

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Not really a train fan - plus i didn't think to check Chesterfield.

I just stoked that I'll being having some father/son(s) time cause it don't happen that offen with 4 kids.

I'd also plan to pick up some new wheels from another forum member on the way down - but he's never really got moving on the deal.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
He's standing in for no-one from my knowledge, because there was a spare slot alongside David Coulthard anyway. So i think the organisers have been looking for another driver to join in.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
LOL Yesterday they only had the F1 Team GB and Autosport Team. Now they have Team Jason Plato. :D

We'll have to see who they add to the list. Scott Speed has done it in the past for the USA so he's a possible.

Allan McNish might join in with Coulthard or possibly Alastair McRae

Darren Turner or another BTCC driver might join Plato.

These are all my own hypothetical guesses of course.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
:lol: Some nice mistakes there. I think there's only a max of 16 drivers competing, so they need another American driver to fill the one remaining space. Or they could do what they did for Mark Webber's absence and make another AllStars team.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Race of Champions first round draw

Michael Schumacher v Tom Kristensen
Carl Edwards v Jaime Alguersuari
Jenson Button v Tanner Foust
David Coulthard v Gareth MacHale
Andy Priaulx v Jason Plato
Mattias Ekstrom v Adam Carroll