JBS Equal Length Manifold K04-23 enquiry

P_a_v_l_o_s

Apr 25, 2005
Athens - Greece
Hello!!

I'm from Greece,my name is paul, and i own a Seat Leon 20VT 4..
Recently i have install the K04-23 turbo from the LCR..
The engine specs are:
K04-23 turbochanger
Std exhaust Manifold LCR
Std MAF LCR
Samco TIP LCR
V-flow Air induction Kit
FMIC ibiza cupra(yes is possible to install it into a Leon )
Downpipe 76mm
Cat-back 70mm ''bastuck''
HJS 200cdpi cat
LCR fuel injectors
GIAC ECU remap

My questions about the JBS Equal Length Manifold are:
1)It is really worth the price to install this mani?
2)Do you beleive that 25-30hp at the redline are possible?(I beleive that the compression ration of the 180hp engine can help...no??)
3)is there anyone who have install this mani with a std K04-23 or into a similar turbo update as mine?

Thank you !!

Ps: If there is anything that you dont understand please let me know!(about my english)

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Unproven on a standard K04 turbo so its hard to say.

An improvement of 31bhp was recorded on a hybrid K04 turbo but its doubtful if that was just due to the manifold. At least half of that was probably down to the hybrid turbo.

Probably good for 10-15bhp, same in torque. Standard K04 turbo is obviously the limiting factor!

Last edited:

P_a_v_l_o_s

Apr 25, 2005
Athens - Greece
I will order the manifold and i will keep you informed...
Perhaps the highter compression ratio of the 180hp engine can give more power... will see... ;)

So,you beleive that only with the imolavirus K04 hybrid + mani the 300hp are possible...?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
So,with the current setup and the same GIAC ECu map the 300are not possible... :(

I will try the manifold and i hope the jesus christ will be with me!! :D
Maybe the 180hp engine is capable ....

Cant see it personally but who knows:shrug:

You should hit 290bhp in full stage 2 spec i would imagine

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I'm looking forward to seeing some proven results of this manifold on a standard, or stage 1 remapped LCR. Doesn't look like many people are prepared to take the risk at the moment though, which is a shame as if it works I'm sure more will follow suit... just needs somebody wish cash to spare to kick things off ;)

P_a_v_l_o_s

Apr 25, 2005
Athens - Greece
I'm looking forward to seeing some proven results of this manifold on a standard, or stage 1 remapped LCR. Doesn't look like many people are prepared to take the risk at the moment though, which is a shame as if it works I'm sure more will follow suit... just needs somebody wish cash to spare to kick things off ;)

Me too i have search the entire seatcupra.net and the only dyno result is this with hybrid K04.... Thats why i have create this thread..

I beleive i will be the first person who will test this manifold...
I'm thinking if JBS will accept to do a better price for someone hwo will test the manifold...

Do you think i must propose that to the JBS section , or JBS will answer in this thread?...

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I would call or email them. If you do it on the forum you'll get everybody wanting to do the same and get themselves a cheap manifold. But if you call them you might have more luck.

I'm sure they've had this question asked of them many times before though.... but no harm in asking, the worse they can do is say no :)

P_a_v_l_o_s

Apr 25, 2005
Athens - Greece
I would call or email them. If you do it on the forum you'll get everybody wanting to do the same and get themselves a cheap manifold. But if you call them you might have more luck.

You have apsolutly right about that but let me tel you my point of view:

Think that if i buy the manifold ,and give you to you all an exact review about the manifold , i must do 2 dyno runs(One without the mani and one with the mani) and i must pay the Seat dealer to extract the old manifold and install the new one.... this is an extra cost to me...

I beleive that those 2dyno runs + installation can be covered at 50% by JBS...
The 2 Dyno is 100£ and the dealers work is 150£... 250£total /2 = 125£ of discount sound to me a fair exchange! :)

I will keep you informed about my project guys!! :clap: :redface:

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
Me too i have search the entire seatcupra.net and the only dyno result is this with hybrid K04.... Thats why i have create this thread..

I beleive i will be the first person who will test this manifold...
I'm thinking if JBS will accept to do a better price for someone hwo will test the manifold...

Do you think i must propose that to the JBS section , or JBS will answer in this thread?...

i asked them if they wanted a stock LCR, but got no reply :shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise