JBS Manifold Logs

cupra-rich

Dec 28, 2008
coventry
Many thanks for the offer, not sure if they are similar or not I'll have a search through the forums

cheers :)

just had alook for any part No. on it, came up with these.

pbt-gf-30

0986 284 077

0281 002 461

not sure which is the actaul part No.

just checked on vagcat part No. the same 06A906461

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Initial thoughts were good, held boost well and seemed to have more torque up top but as said previously missfires etc stopped any further testing.

Still haven't got the car back (in a fight with insurance co over alloy wheels).

When I get it back I'll get the niggles sorted and then post up some more logs and hopefully dyno runs. It's all to easy to convince yourself your car is faster because you've spent money on it I'd rather have hard facts. That being said it was definately holding more boost up top (or at least thats what my boost controller was reporting)

I was happing to get it mapped to its full potential but I've hit a snag there as well (always seems to be my luck, lol)

As for JBS I think there section was removed about 3 weeks ago as they are no longer a sponsor.

ok mate well good luck and I look forward to seeing your sesults!

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
ARSE! Changed all 4 coil packs today for genuine "d" versions and still getting a missfire.

once I get the damn thing working properly i'll post some results.

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
BKR7E's gapped to 0.0028

Going to log blocks 15 & 16 today to see how bad the missfires are and check the loom hasn't started to crack.

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
lots of missfires on no 2 as high as 123 sometimes, no 3 also has a few and no 1 very very occasionally.

Tried running a new earth, didn't make any difference going to try new maf and coolant sensor and then check the loom.

Only other thing it could be is that something was disturbed when fitting the manifold or a change on the remap has done something.

Even tried running standard boost and no wmi and I still get the missfires

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Been a while since my last update. Finally found out the problem with the missfires is with the map not hardware related. Been a pain in the arse changed, many coil packs and spark plugs and even changed the whole coilpack loom.

I'll speak to JBS tomorrow and hopefully arrange to get it sorted then I might actually get to post some proper results.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
annoying isn't it, and i applied to JBS to be their quinine pig, promising to give a full write up on it thus promoting it for them! Look at Bills TIP; if this is a good worth while manifold I'm sure they would have sold a fair few on scn and other forums by now! oh well!

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Long and short of it is after changing, coil packs, plugs, coolant temp sensor, ignition harness etc I'm still getting the missfires. Car has been to revo to be diagnosed and they have diagnosed the map as being the fault, thankfully compression test on all cylinders was ok. Spoke to JBS about this and they are adamant that it isn't the map at fault and will charge to investigate further and resolve the problem.

TBH I'm getting tired of the whole situation. Car was running fine before it went in for the manifold and missfired on the drive home after the manifold was fitted.

I'll have to bite the bullet again and pay to get yet another remap done to sort the issue (my ecu's been flashed more times than a mental health worker).
Once I have funds and time (which I'm very short of at the mo) I'll get it remapped and post the results.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
lol this has got to be the longest ever test for a manifold ever! I appreciate your having problems with your car but JBS should have used another car as well IMHO, maybe they have and i don't know?! But I can only assume they are not bothered?!

I hope you sort your car out soon, though will you be able to give a good review on the manifold? can you remember what the OEM one is like when on a working engine? :blink:

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
lol this has got to be the longest ever test for a manifold ever! I appreciate your having problems with your car but JBS should have used another car as well IMHO, maybe they have and i don't know?! But I can only assume they are not bothered?!

JBS not giving a toss after taking the money and providing a bad after service. Nothing new there is it.

simon fr

Ive been there mate JBS managed to f**k my car up after a remap, cost me over a £1000 to get it put right. There a bunch of amateurs.

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Been at bills all week, had new plugs, coils, maf, egt probe, injectors, new map running actuator pressure , wmi off. Unfortunately it still misfires.

EGT's are over 900 but on the oem manifold they were less than this (as can been seen on the logs from the first page).

Misfires coincide with fuel dump from egt's so at the moment its looks like its the manifold causing the misfires due to high egt's and fuel dump.