Jenson Button joins McLaren

andycupra

status subject to change
it will be interesting.. if the car isnt spot on i expect Lewis to make mince meat of Button.
However, if the car is well balanced, some good racing could be had!

The banning of re-fuelling is also going to be interesting, will it effect cars balance during the race, or will it help drivers like Jenson>? (when more fuel was on board this is when Jenson appeared to have the better of Rubens).

I think the FIA have missed a trick here also, as i think they should have limited the number of people that can work on a car during a pit stop, its a far more intersting spectacle than having lots of people do a very limited number of actions each.

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
although you look at the grand scheme of thing that means job cuts probably

could be interesting those two fighting it out i think the mclaren will be one of the fastest from the off as it was the fact hamilton was fighting for the championship and the new rules that gave the rest a chance

this year only big car change is a bigger fuel tank

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Quotes

Jenson: "I’ve followed the McLaren team ever since I was a small boy, and it feels unbelievable to finally be a part of it!"

Lewis: "I’m thrilled we’ll both be flying the flag for the United Kingdom. I’m already looking forward to Silverstone – it’ll be massive!"

(If there is a Silverstone Lew) :p

Martin Whitmarsh: "“We’re ambitious, we’re motivated and we’re hungrier than ever. We want to win both World Championships next year."

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
never liked button's cut throat grass is always greener approach though

burnt before, dont think he will be this time though

djgurps

I think they should be with diffrent teams, let them battle is out for the tittle! A team will always favour one driver, unless McLaren let them drive as they wish! I hope so!

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
It's one way of McLaren keeping a 1 & 2 on there cars :)

Not convinced its wise move, time will tell...

As for Raikkonen I can't see him coming back after a year out. His attitude & work ethic the past couple of years has been appauling.

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
It's a good move for McLaren:
JB is quicker than Heidfeld or Slowvalainen
JB is cheaper than Raikkonen
Signing JB is two fingers up to Mercedes Benz HPE / Mercedes Benz GP
The lineup of LH and JB is highly marketable and will be a welcome boost to sponsors

However, I'm not sure it will prove a wise move for Jenson.

This leaves Mercedes Benz GP with the likely pairing of NR and NH. Both new to the team and neither are likely to strike fear into other teams....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.